Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe and Hollywood FX problems

Default Adobe and Hollywood FX problems

Hi all, I am new to this forum, I have recently managed to acquire Premiere Pro 7 and Hollywood FX 5, the problem I am having is this, I have installed Premiere and then Hollywood with the thought of being able to make use of the Hollywood transitions, but when I open Premiere, in the Transition Effects bin, there is nothing for Hollywood or Pinnacle transitions, just the standard ones, why is this, do I have to install Hollywood to somewhere specific or is it something else I have missed ?

Blog Entries

Apparently Hollywood FX should have come with software to support the Premiere plugin standard.

What would this software be called, I have checked all of the Hollywood FX contents and nothing there, any help would be greatly welcomed.

Blog Entries

I'm afriad I have no idea. I think your next step is to contact Pinnacle support as there is bugger all info on the web...

This is what I reckon happened....

When you installed Hollywood FX it asked you for a directory name where to install it didn't it?

Defaulted to something like C:\Program Files\HollywoodFX and you left it like this because it looked like such a good idea right?

The problem is that the Premiere plugins went in this directory (somewhere) as well, instead of being placed in the Premiere plugins directory.

Look in the install directory, find the actual plugins (can't remember the file extension off hand. .aex???). Take a copy of these and place them in the Premiere plugins directory.

Restart Premiere and they'll appear.

Could it be .hfx as that is the only file type I can find that sounds anything like .aex, this is in /Hollywood FX/Effects/ if so, do I need to copy these over ?

Well, tried that, nada, zilch, nein, nothing *sighs* god knows where I am going wrong, I have even tried installing Hollywood FX into the Adobe folder, but it still hasn't sorted it, please, any help is welcomed.

Hmmm, not sure then.

I had a brief play with a copy of HFX Gold v4 (i think) and had this exact problem (as I described things above) until I moved the correct files into the plugins folder of Premiere. From memory there were two AEX files but I might be remembering things wrong. Dig around a little bit further. If you have installed Premiere then look for any file types with a file extension pertaining to be recognised by Premiere. For it to work at all there MUST be at least one file with a Premiere recognised file type, otherwise Premiere won't know to load it.

You said you even tried installing into the 'Adobe Folder'. Whichever file (or files) are not being recognised, will have to be in the Premiere Plugins folder rather than the higher level 'Adobe' folder. Try that.

Other than that I can only suggest you contact the helpdesk/support line of the product in question as Marc suggested.

I have searched the Hollywood FX directory for anything with aex in it, nothing, the only thing there is, is the .hfx file type, so this could be it, but as I said, I tried copying that and nothing, so I am at a total loss as to what to do, I received your PM, thanks, I look forward to your reply.

I seem to have taken this thread down the wrong route.

The simple answer is that clearly between v4 and v5, Hollywood FX has ceased to be a Premiere plugin. Not compatible at all.

http://tinyurl.com/3zldy shows the compatibility list.

Apologies if I offered any false hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast