Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Videographer wanted...

Default Wedding Videographer wanted...

Hi guys, apologies for crashing your forum but I am actually looking for a videographer to film my wedding next May. This would be in Eversley, Hampshire.

My budget won't stretch to someone established, I was hoping that I could find a keen amateur/someone who's looking to break into the wedding videography scene who could use the experience. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to pay a fair price, and provide dinner etc...that is all negotiable....

if anyone is interested, or knows anyone that might be, I'd be really grateful

thanks guys

:o)

Blog Entries

What is your budget for the wedding videographer?

Talking

Well, not much!

The cheapest I've found so far (for a pro) is around 550...I can't afford that much but haven't really got a set figure in mind.

I was even thinking about asking a media student to do it! But then I found this site, and thought perhaps I might get lucky. I've blown a big chunk on a very good photographer, so don't have much left to play with. I'm not after anything too amazing, just a record of the day which'll be fun to watch.

I was hoping I might get some interest and perhaps negotiate a fair figure from there..
    Last edited by khagga; 03-10-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries

You are likely to get what you pay for - make sure you see thier previous work first.

Blog Entries

Are the photographs worth more to you than the video?

The videographer will use more expensive equipment, spend more time at the venue and a lot more time in post production. In reality, the price of the videographer should be more than the photographer for a given level of expertise / skill.

I would go so far as to day that for less than 500, you might just as well get a guest to film it for free. This is likely to be the same level of expertise as those that charge around about the 300 figure. Why? Because this isn't a stustainable income, meaning the videographer has either just started out, or does it as a hobby. Neither are consistent with a standard you should expect.

Think long and hard about this. If you just want a video of the day, you can pay someone to do it for under 500. If you want a long lasting keepsake, and a polished documentary of the day, then pay 1,500. In my mind, you either pay 1,500 and be amazed or pay less than 500 and have a video.

Blog Entries

For more reading, I wrote this little article a few years ago: Wedding Guides: Bride and Groom - How to Chose a Wedding Videographer

Thanks Marc, that's certainly given me some food for thought...

I guess I was kinda thinking that if there were someone who has lots of video experience, but hasn't quite gone pro yet, we may be able to help each other.

My other half is a keen amateur photographer, he has done a few weddings, and although he can't charge what the pros do, his images are comparable with the pros in terms of quality and style, so therefore people geta great job but for half the price...and he gets the invaluable experience. I was hoping to find something similar in the video world

Thanks

Keily

Blog Entries

I can't argue with your logic, but I've seen too many bad wedding videos to suggest you take up the offer of a sub 500 videographer. Essentially it's a risk. As you say, you could strike gold. But many, many people think they can pick up a camera and become a videographer, and many many people do a very average job. It takes time to edit (unless you're a talented, experienced videographer that has the ability to ahcieve a same day edit), and the keen amateur either won't have the same productiuon standards, or won't have the battlefield experience.

The risk is yours to take, but mitigate that risk by spending a lot of time researching the market. Make sure you get an IOV or APV qualified member (won't guarantee quality, but a step in the right direction) for example.

Hi Khagga,

I've blown a big chunk on a very good photographer
    I suggest you ditch the photographer and use that towards a skilled videographer.

Then get all your friends to take photos.

Much better value and keepsake in my opinion.

Just my two pence worth.

Cheers.
    GDR

BTW, for 500 I will film the service for you and then hand over the tape for you to edit or a friend.[/quote]

Hmm...not going to happen! My husband to be is a photographer...so a bunch of candids from friends and family, whilst nice (and this will happen anyway) will not do I'm afraid! Our photographer is amazing and If push came to shove I would choose photos over a video.

It's a very kind offer...are we talking just the service or some other stuff too?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast