Thread: Anyone printing straight onto disks?

Default Anyone printing straight onto disks?

Doesn't quite fit into any forum so I've put it here.

Not sure I'm going to yet but having a few thought on getting a new printer.

I'll want to be able to print decent photos - good enough to hang on the a wall in a frame. If I go ahead I'll be interested in printing straight into disks. Anyone doing this? Any problems and/or thoughts on it?

Came across the Epson R300. Looks like a decent enough piece of kit for the job. Anyone got one.

Does it doa good job of printing on disks? Is lining the things up a pig etc etc

Blog Entries

I'm also interested in this. You *can* get high quality gloss labels, which I've used in the past to great effect, but I'd really like to get away from the "stick ons"...

Exactly. I use Neato labels for CD and I'm happy with them. Although I tend not to buy the more expensive glossy ones cos I'm a tight-wad!

I don't put labels on DVDs though. I have convinced myself fromt he evidence seen so far that labels on DVDs tend to stop them working as often as not. Weight distribution and causing the things to wobble just enough to cause a bad read being the underlying problem.

If I was to upgrade printer then I'd like the facility to print on disks.

My HP960c does an adequate job of photos but I'd like something a little better.

Seperate ink catridges for each colour would be a must though as I'm fed up with throwing away a quarter to half my ink cos one colour has run out. Hence I was looking at the R300.

I'm not worried about the print from card facility cos I won't be doing that. Can;t remember the last time I printed a picture wihtout changing something on it.

But back to label printing. I'm interested in whether people have to throw disks away often cos it printed off centre etc etc

I know a few people with the epson r300s and they love 'em. Great for printing onto discs. SVP sometimes have them pretty cheap as well.

I know this post is quite old now but for anyone who is looking for the same sort of answer...

There is many different labels writers out there now which print directly onto the disk so you dont have the problem of labels peeling off and discs getting scratched. They do cost a bit more than what it would cost to just stick a label down but quality is a lot better.
    | Label Printing | Printed Labels | - CanOfPoke

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfPoke View Post
    I know this post is quite old now ...
    it certainly is.