Thread: Black clip problem after rendering.

Unhappy Black clip problem after rendering.

Hello.

Ive been making a video in Sony Vegas 7 for a while now and just got around to finnishing it, i was so happy i finnaly finnished my work and waited joyfully for the 10 minute video to render which took over an hour.

Anyway upon playback to check everything was good to upload. I was shocked at around the 7th minute one of my video clips showed up as black. The music still played and the distortion effect which played over the clip at the end still played but there was no clip.

I tried to render it again and the outcome was still the same.

I rendered it into "Windows Media Player V9 (.Wmv)" always,

Ive made videos in the past with these settings and they came out ok.

The clips i used were all in .Avi and ive never had this problem with any of these clips. The clip which came out black i used in Windows movie maker last year in a video and it came out fine. So im really stumped on what the problem could be

Have you tried a straight AVI?

Where were you playing it back? Within Vegas or within Windows Media Player?

Grazie

Blog Entries

Does the clip play ok before you render in preview?

The clip plays back fine in the preview in vegas, only when i play it in windows media player after rendering i get the problem.

I tested the clip in a new project and it rendered fine by itself. So i dont know what the problem is when i use the clip in my whole video.

(I'm serious . .) Try moving the Media Player Window about. See if that brings into life? It is ONLY within the Media Player that are not getting any "visual" response?

Grazie

I had the same Problem I hope this Works for you or anyone else needing it My video was rendering black when i tried to render it to a mpg, avi, and mpg2 and i customized the settings to frame rate 30.00

File>>Render as>> Mpg >> Custom >> Video tab >> Frame Rate drop down to 30.00 My video was recorded at 30.00 fames per second if yours is different try rendering it at 24. or 20 what ever it was ORIGINALLY SET TO and eventually one of the frames will render correctly

Quote Originally Posted by infektid View Post
    I had the same Problem I hope this Works for you or anyone else needing it My video was rendering black when i tried to render it to a mpg, avi, and mpg2 and i customized the settings to frame rate 30.00

File>>Render as>> Mpg >> Custom >> Video tab >> Frame Rate drop down to 30.00 My video was recorded at 30.00 fames per second if yours is different try rendering it at 24. or 20 what ever it was ORIGINALLY SET TO and eventually one of the frames will render correctly
    OMG you're a lifesaver!! I'm using Sony Vegas 9.0 Platinum Edition but was having the same annoying black clip problem but changing the frame rate to 30 totally worked and now my video is saving fine! Thanks!