Thread: Vor Files Please Help

Default Vor Files Please Help

I have a Handycam Dcr-dvd106. it uses 8cm dvd disks. I thought it would be really easy to upload, edit and make dvds for family. Oh how wrong! i have uploaded the files from the 8cm disc in my drive and I get BUP IFO and VRO files, I have tried using edit software (several including ulead, windows movie maker, nero) none of these programs recognise the file format. I tried to convert the vro files into both mpeg and avi, but the programs still do not recognise them. The same happens if I try to burn them. I used the sony motion browser to upload them and they uploaded as mpg files which play fine on VLC player, but still are not recognised by any other software for either editing or burning. I have finalized the disc using the camcorder and I can play the 8cm disc on my DVD player, but I want to edit them first. I am completely new to digital camcorders (been using HI 8 for years!) and have no idea what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Make sure you use the camera and USB lead to copy files, they do come over as MPEGS and then will edit in Sony Vegas, the files.

What you mention seem like proper DVD files, you can again use Sony Vegas 9 or Pro go to file import and then DVD disk and it will do the hard work for you.
    (convert to MPEG2 for editing)