Thread: "Jumpy" when recording back to camera

Default "Jumpy" when recording back to camera

Hi, am new to all this so go easy on me!

Using Windows XP Pro, over 50gb free, 512mb ram, JVC GRD50 camcorder, ulead video studio 7 basic.

Captured and edited the video without any difficulty, exported it back to the tape, didn't notice any problems. When I played the video, found one little "jump" in the middle of the film (film is about 50 mins in total). Decided to record it again and have had major problems since! Sometimes I will get 30/40 mins recorded before it starts jumping like crazy - small jumps then the film speeds up as if it is cathcing up. Other times this will happen after just a few minutes. It behaves as if something on the PC is interrupting the recording, but I can't find the problem. Have disabled the screen saver and stopped any processes that I can find, ran defrag, all to no avail.

Have tried new tapes, old tapes, no difference.

Any suggestions? All help much appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello, I am a new member as well and have the similar problems plus a few others. I am trying to put together an instructional video to sell to my students so I need to export back to mini-dv to make a master copy to give to the duplication company I use.

My set up is a Sony VIAO computer, plenty of harddrive space available, using Ulead Video Studio 8.

Problem #1 - I captured the video as avi/dv and edited it with no problems. When I try to share/export to my camcorder there are several spots where the video freezes for a few seconds then speeds up to catch up. I have tried redoing it several times and the areas this happen change. Plus the avi plays fine on my PC and other mini-dvs play fine on my Sony vx2000 camcorder so it is not a problem with the camcorder or pc.

Problem #2 - I have also taken this project and converted the files to DVD and burned them to DVD-R discs. I am only able to get 70minutes or so of video and my project is 90 minutes. If I get the Ulead Dolby Digital plug-in will I be able to get 90 minutes on one 4.7g disc?

Problem #3 - I also did the same things above with a tournament we just had. This was only 60 minutes so I was able to burn it to DVD on one disc. However, after the first disc burned successfully I simply put in another blank DVD and hit export again on the same screen. The computer "burned" another copy and said it did so successfully but when I put the DVD on my Playstation there was no data on it. Help please!

I am new to this so any help is very appreciated and you can suggest "simple" or "obviou

Default In response to Mary D

Have disabled the screen saver and stopped any processes that I can find, ran defrag, all to no avail.
    Video Studio uses temporary files to create final movies. Given that you (probably) defragged your disk after the temp files created then the jump problems are likely due to this. Try deleting your temporay files, defrag your disk again and recreate your movie. Hopefully this will help.

Good luck
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.