Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Problems with Vegas :(

  1. #1

    Arrow Problems with Vegas :(

    Hello

    I just recently got Vegas, and I already ran into problems... so if anyone would explain to me how to fix it, I will be greatful

    1) When I want to do masking, I cut the first frame, and there is a small background. Everything was good until I saw that the cropped shape was given to the rest of the video, and I can't get rid of it? how can I crop frames in motion?

    2) I want to change colours in vegas, but the hue saturation there isn't the same as Photoshop, here is the picture I want to convert in Vegas:

    http://i25.tinypic.com/u0bon.png

    And now the converted in photoshop:

    http://i25.tinypic.com/f4qpoz.png

    How do I convert the image in VEGAS to this?


    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    Wow 5 days, and not a one ******** reply. Does this forum really know how to help?
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 03-08-2008 at 04:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    5 Days..... well, sorry , I for one missed the post. But throwing a strop like that will get you nowhere.

    For the keyframe problem, see the 'Looking for Vegas answers' thread. It's been asked alot of times and answered too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Does this forum really know how to help?
    Many people here are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
    (A word in your lug hole. Simply laying in to people who you hope will help for free is not usually a very productive approach)
    Andy has now pointed you in the direction of help for your first question - I, for one, didn't reply because I knew it had already been answered numerous times and there are others far more adept than me at answering.
    (A word in your lug hole. Asking questions without any evidence of having already searched for the answer is not usually very productive)
    As for your second question - Photoshop and Vegas are different programs. They can both affect colour in a variety of ways. If you post your original source and the desired result (colour corrected in Photoshop) it is quite likely, though by no means certain, that someone here will take up the gauntlet and achieve similar, if not identical results within Vegas and post details of the filters and parameters applied here. Posting the result from Photoshop without the source is not useful.
    Tim

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    ... so if anyone would explain to me how to fix it, I will be greatful
    I didn't know how to help, so I didn't? - I thought it was better I kept my big trap shut!

    Did you want me to answer that I didn't know how to help? If that WAS the case then I would have, but as you didn't ask for me to do so - I didn't. In fact the opposite, you wanted to have responses from those that KNEW how to help with this matter. And, actually it is grateful not "greatful" (?).

    Grazie

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    5 Days..... well, sorry , I for one missed the post. But throwing a strop like that will get you nowhere.

    For the keyframe problem, see the 'Looking for Vegas answers' thread. It's been asked alot of times and answered too.
    Thanks, I will look for it right now. I got a little angry, because I posted this 5 days ago, and no one replied, but then I see a thread that was posted only yesterday and 3 people already replied to it, so its quite annoying if you ask me. Thanks again.

    Edit: So I have to split the clip for each frame to get it right?
    Last edited by Artanis; 03-08-2008 at 10:16 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I got a little angry, because I posted this 5 days ago, and no one replied, but then I see a thread that was posted only yesterday and 3 people already replied to it, so its quite annoying if you ask me.
    You seem to be taking it personally that no-one responded to your question whilst people responded to the others. Don't. It ain't personal (unless you start becoming rude/abusive or whatever).
    A response depends upon (a) someone seeing the question and (b) that person knowing the answer or having a suggestion and (c) that person being able to find the spare time to post an answer.
    Nobody is obliged to help anyone. Nobody is paid to respond to your questions. If you want that level of service, then you can post or even phone Sony Media Software technical support (as I have done on a couple of occasions)
    We're just a bunch of enthusiasts who trade advice & experiences for the love of it.
    Once you understand that I'm sure you'll find this a very helpful and friendly place.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Tim

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You seem to be taking it personally that no-one responded to your question whilst people responded to the others. Don't. It ain't personal (unless you start becoming rude/abusive or whatever).
    A response depends upon (a) someone seeing the question and (b) that person knowing the answer or having a suggestion and (c) that person being able to find the spare time to post an answer.
    Nobody is obliged to help anyone. Nobody is paid to respond to your questions. If you want that level of service, then you can post or even phone Sony Media Software technical support (as I have done on a couple of occasions)
    We're just a bunch of enthusiasts who trade advice & experiences for the love of it.
    Once you understand that I'm sure you'll find this a very helpful and friendly place.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Alright, thanks, and I apologize about the rude comment =)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    So I have to split the clip for each frame to get it right?
    Not sure entirely what you mean here.

    Basically, if you create a mask, Vegas creates a keyframe logging it's shape size etc. If you move along the timeline and change the shape of the mask, another keyframe will be created. You can change the shape of the mask as much as you like, and each time you do new it at a new point in time, new keyframes are created.

    You can alter your mask as much as you like in your clip.

    This is an extremely basic explanation of it but might point you in the right direction.

    Sorry I had to edit your post, but I felt it neccesary. Apology accepted though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Artanis - are you actually seeing a keyframe timeline at the bottom of the Pan & Crop Window? There's a known "feature" in Vegas that this portion keeps hiding itself. If you don't see a timeline there, move your cursor to the bottom of the P&C window and hover hover. It should turn into a double headed arrow. Click & drag upwards and all will be revealed.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vegas Problems
    By ztungnah in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
  2. Video Problems in Vegas
    By poison.apples in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
  3. Need Help With Sony Vegas 7.0e Problems
    By Cullen in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
  4. vegas rendering problems
    By sidewaysup in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 09:36 PM
  5. problems with vegas 7 please help!!!
    By jake10_1 in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •