Thread: God I need help!!!

Default God I need help!!!

I have ruined about 10 discs so far and I really want to learn to create DVD's and home movies, I have posted a thread before and I am getting the impression my system is really not up to editing and burning DVD'S because of lack of memory.
    I am using windows dvd maker on Vista home premium but have also used a trial version of the latest Ulead but still the dvd's are very jittery and the colour goes pear shaped and when I try to play back they eventually freeze up.
    The computer system is as follows:
    MSI K7N2 Motherboard
    AMD XP3000 Processor 2.09Ghz
    512 Mb DDR Pc3200 Memory
    Geforce FX 5200 128 Mb Graphics Card
    80 GB Harddisk Drive UDMA 133
    What exactly do I need to upgrade to please?

God's on holiday at the moment, taking it easy before Easter arrives I presume... so I guess I'll have a go at this one. Having only 512MB of RAM and trying to run Vista HP and also do video capturing is too much for the computer to handle. You will need at least 2GB of RAM (DDR2 - running at 667MHZ minimum) and a much larger hard disk, that 80GB disk is far too small.

If there is space inside your computer then get a second hard disk (SATA) and put it inside and use it to do your video capturing to. I don't know if that processor is dual core or not, but looking at the demands of your system you will need a dual core processor to run everything smoothly. Another AMD would do but it would be better if it ran closer to 3GHZ rather than 2GHZ. Also are you capturing by Firewire or what are you using?

Thanks for the info, I will need to run this past a friend who seems to have a pretty good knowledge of computers, in relation to capturing, I am using a firewire connection from my Camcorder which is a mini dv type.

Why didn't you ask your knowledgable friend for advice before you asked here ? Nikosony gives you extremely good advice

I thanked Nikosony for his advice and was very grateful! my friend is quite knowledgable about computers not video editing, I have used this site only a couple of times and once I get up and running I will hopefully use it more but I hope the other people I come across don't have a similar attitude to you, up to now I have found this a very friendly site, whats your problem?

Blog Entries

Well mick, I suppose you werent to know Niko is our expert on such stuff.

TBH it is a bit cheeky to question one of our experts on your first post. After all we dont do this for the money...

I strongly suspect our advice will be better than your friends, certainly more broad based given the number of experts the site is lucky to benefit from.

Again, I never meant to offend anyone! I think you may have misinterpreted my reply, I am totally useless when it comes to technical stuff and I only meant that my friend would read what the advice was and be able to assist me in upgrading the computer.
    I will now leave it at that.

Blog Entries

Tht so - it is very easy to get the wrong end of te stick on this internet thing...

"and I only meant that my friend would read what the advice was and be able to assist me in upgrading the computer" then I interpreted your post to Nikosony incorrectly and offer my apology, and hope that your upgrade is successful

Cheers, I find texting and Internet chatting can sometimes cause confusion in what you are actually trying to say.