Thread: recruits.veg

Default recruits.veg

I've been trying to analyse a veg file created by Terry Esslinger.
    I get all the Parent/Child stuff. I presume its 3D Source Alpha but I cant seem to achieve the fly through.
    veg file is here
    VASST : Free Resources
    Have to sign up but its free.

Blog Entries

What exactly are you trying to do - create a similar effect from scratch or just understand the recruits.veg? I don't understand what you mean by "I can't achieve..." do you mean you're not seeing the effect if you play recruits?

Anyway, the key to the fly through is the "Parent Track Motion". This is the track motion icon on the LEFT side of the track header. Once you open that up, I'm sure al will become clear.

And I stongly recommend anyone who hasn't yet had a look at this veg to do so - I found it a real eye opener.
    Tim

"I found it a real eye opener. "
    In what way Tim?
    I'm trying to re-create a similar effect in HD. Terrys file is NTSC 4x3.
    I can put my own media into the recruits. veg and change properties to widescreen, tweak each track and all is well.
    Now, I have two instances of Vegas open, one with recruits. veg and my new attempt, recruits test.veg in HD.
    Indulge me while I drop into AE speak - When the 'camera' flies through in recruits.veg it doesn't just fly through on the z axis, there is a little x & y movement also. In recruits.veg you can see some perspective change between the layers as they approach.
    When I use the "Parent Track Motion" to fly through, all the layers look like they are stuck together and there's no perspective change between the layers as they approach.
    Last edited by yooser; 03-04-2008 at 10:43 AM.

I hope this answers your question Tim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yooser View Post
    "I found it a real eye opener. "
    In what way Tim?
    Only in expanding my outlook of the possibilities within Vegas and my understanding of Parent/Child and TM.
    Unfortunately I have no experience of AE and I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

I open recruits and then click on the TM icon on the left side of the parent track header. This opens the Parent Track Motion Control dialog. I choose "Layout 6" which shows top left and front views along the top and the perspective view at the bottom of the main window. As I move forward and backward along the timeline (ie along the z axis) the perspective clearly changes - and this is reflected in the video.

Which bit of this isn't working for you? Is it working in recruits.veg and not in your own attempt, Or am I missing something (the most likely suggestion)?
    Tim