Thread: Premiere 4.0 stability issues?

Default Premiere 4.0 stability issues?

Hi all,

Sorry to bother with such a general question. I am thinking about buying Premiere Elements 4.0 after reading the specs and a few good magazine reviews. However, a number of bad reviews appear on Amazon, all saying that the software is very very unstable. One reviwer agreed, although he urged users to "hang in there" as Adobe supposedly is good about issuing patches etc.

By the way I would be using it on a new XP desktop with decent specs (probably a 2.0+ khz core duo intel chip with 1- 2 GB of RAM.)

Do the negative reviwers' points ring true with any of you, and if so, has Adobe improved the product?

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

I don't use PE4 myself, but forum members have posted in the past few months that it is better to stick with PE3 instead. Unless Adobe has released a patch recently and it actually works, then I would go back to version 3 of the software.

There is good and bad with version 4, I have decided to stick with V3 myself due to many problems with V4. You can check out some very honest opinions here
    muvipix Forum • View forum - PE Version 4
    and a good review and tour here muvipix Articles Blog Archive Welcome to Premiere Elements 4.0
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more