Thread: Dazzle DVC 90

Default Dazzle DVC 90

Hi

Anyone got any opinions on the Dazzle DVC 90?

I'm looking for a reliable device to convert VHS tapes to DVD. I have an old WinTV card at the minute but am having serious problems with the audio and video being out of sync.

I know that a Canopus DVC 100 (or DVC 55) may be a better option but I don't particularly want to spend that sort of money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AL

Default Re: Dazzle DVC 90

Quote Originally Posted by PortyAL
    Hi

Anyone got any opinions on the Dazzle DVC 90?
    I believe they are fine. I ran a Dazzle Fusion for a while and that transferred to at least the quality of the material on the tape (old home movies).

I'm looking for a reliable device to convert VHS tapes to DVD. I have an old WinTV card at the minute but am having serious problems with the audio and video being out of sync.

I know that a Canopus DVC 100 (or DVC 55) may be a better option but I don't particularly want to spend that sort of money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AL
    As I understand the DVC100 is an excellent purchase. Marc's recently bought one. I believe he is happy with it. As a simple A2D convertor it may well be hard to justify the price but when you think, that for about 300 (UKP) (+VAT??) you get Adobe Premiere Pro1.5, Audition 1.5 and Encore 1.5 with it as well then it is truly excellent value and def worth considering. Quite simply this hardware is the cheapest mechanism (but not necessarily the best!) of buying the Adobe editing suite, bar none as far as I've seen.

But if you've already got all the s/w you need then I suspect the Dazzle kit will be more than adequate for your needs.

Cheers

I'm currently bidding on a Dazzle DVC 80 on Ebay. If that doesn't come off, I'll go for the 90. They're 47.99 on Amazon with free delivery which is a big big factor when you're from Northern Ireland. Some companies e.g. Dabs, charge in the region of 15 to deliver to NI.

AL