Thread: flv export in AEcs3

Default flv export in AEcs3

Hi all.

I've recently upgraded to CS3 and i'm now having trouble exporting to flash video.

prevoiusly I didnt use the render queue, and I just went to file/export/flv. The difference in doing this is that I had a few more options when exporting.
    In CS3 it appears that this option has gone, and when I export to FLV using the render queue I am left with a flv file with bars at the top and bottom.
    I've looked on the help file and it says that in some versions the drop down menu is installed as part of a quicktime plugin, and it recomands using the render queue rather than the drop down... however it doesnt say how to get this option in the first place..

any ideas?

cheers

ok - I've sorted it now, so thought i would post the solution incase anyone else has this trouble.

In order to get the export flv option in the drop down menu you need to install flash cs3 and have a new version of quicktime installed (but not the most recent one as this apperently causes loadsa problems with AE). Once this is done AE uses the incoder from within flash...dont know how many peeps use flash, but I would recomend exporting FLV's this way, as the results seem far better than doing it through the render que, especially if your working with an alpha channel.

cheers