Thread: premiere pro 7.0 crash while exporting

Default premiere pro 7.0 crash while exporting

Hi there, I hope my title said most of what I need to say. I'm using Premiere Pro 7.0 to work with dv-avi (pal) files - which Premiere Pro seems to like working with, there are no problems while editing them. Smaller finished pieces have exported to my hard drive no problem, but a slightly larger piece (still only about 2100 frames to render) keeps causing Premiere Pro to encounter an unknown problem and close down.

Is there anyone who could tell me what the likeliest causes for this problem are, and what I might do to rectify the problem?

Thanks for reading.

Are you exporting to DV-AVI or another format?
    Have you defragmented your drives lately?
    Do you have enough disk space/how much free space do you have?

Chuck, I am exporting to DV-AVI, my drives don't need defragging, but I just realised I am terribly low on space - C drive has 13Gb free. Will remedy this as soon as 500Gb external hdd arrives. Do you think this is likely the issue? (Apologies for being such a newbie about these things. I've been using Premiere Pro for 4 or 5 days maximum). Thanks for your reply.

Chuck, I just successfully exported the film as an AVI (260Mb) without a problem - after removing the dissolves between its constituent parts. Trouble is, I liked those dissolves, it needs them. Are there guidelines about how to use dissolve transitions in such a way that makes the export procedure less fragile?

If you have not defragmented your drive recently I can guarantee you have problems with only 13gb of free space. Windows is probably holding most of that for the OS. Free up about 10gb more and try it again

Will do - as soon as that external hdd arrives. For the moment it happily saves files up to ten minutes long, as long as there are no dissolve transitions involved. It has no problem with different tracks fading across each other manually using the opacity handles, or with composites, which is odd; only the actual dissolve transition causes this problem. Thanks again.

hi

i'd love to know if this worked for you?
    i've tried making more HDD space and it didn't work for me

thanks

Chokito, ever since making about 10-15gb of space by shifting things to an external hdd, PremPro has sailed through large file exports without a hitch, and hasn't crashed once. It seems to have done the trick for me - I hope you find a solution that works for you, and I'm sorry I'm not competent to offer any intelligent advice on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chokito View Post
    hi

i'd love to know if this worked for you?
    i've tried making more HDD space and it didn't work for me

thanks
    What problem are you having exactly? Have you posted your question at muvipix.com?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more