Thread: 'capture error' problem Studio 8.12.7.0

Default 'capture error' problem Studio 8.12.7.0

Hi, i'm trying to create a surprise 40th birthday present for my wife! Our children are now 9 and 10 and I have lots of old Hi8 video tapes of the kids when they were younger. I no longer have my old Hi8 camcorder , (I now have a mini DV Sony DCR-PC103E - no DV in) so I borrowed a friends Sony ccd-trv64e and tried to hook it up to my PC using its s-video out port connecting to the s-video in port on the front of my PC (i also tried its composite out to composite in on my PC).

I open Pinnacle Studio and go to Capture tab, and then under capture devices tab it lists MEDION (7134) WD, from my PC, and it also shows a DV camcorder option, so I select Medion (nb; I've proven the capture works via the 1394 digital interface and DV camcorder option). Then i click on 'Start Capture' but instantly there is a 'capture error' warning screen giving 3 options, with option 2 saying to open the left hand panel on the Diskometer and set correct analogue video input port (Composite or S-Video)....this is where the problem is......as my left hand panel only shows one Video input, which is Tuner (and a little blue light). Why can I see Composite or S-Video options? Or is there another way I can capture Hi8 video?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Carl

You can also get the the settings by using the tabs along the top of the screen, I think it says toolbox, but I could be wrong.

On a side note, please don't post the same question more then once. It dosen't do anything but clutter up the forums. I deleted the other thread. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hello Wil,

Thank you for your reply, sorry for entering the same post twice, it was obviously an error, I must have had inger trouble when I exited from the posting screen! Thanks for clearing up.

Re your side note, yes the main screen menu bar provides an alternative method to reach the the 'capture source tab'. This can be reached via the Setup Menu but it takes you to the same point in Studio where I was experiencing my error. The reason I posted my query was because when I open the left hand panel on the Diskometer it only lists one Video Input, that of 'Tuner'. Where as the error message, and as described in Help Contents > Capturing Video > Analog capture > Audio and Video levels.......say it should display 'composite' and 's-video' options so that i can selected which method I have connected? Why aren't they showing?

Thanks,
    Carl

I had a similar issue with version 10 of studio. ( I now use sony Vegas ) Studio is very buggy and Video card drivers and some updates had issues like yours, I don't think they kept the software up to date with the drivers. If I recall right I had you use and older driver to get it to work right. try going back to the last driver up date and see if it shows up. Also check the pinnacle webboards for a discussion on your problem. Good luck, and welcome to the forum
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction