Thread: Year 11 Art - Short Film "It began in 1929"

Default Year 11 Art - Short Film "It began in 1929"

Hey,

I'm new to these forums and thought I'd start off by posting a film I finished making at the end of last year for my Year 11 Art assessment.

It was filmed using a Canon HV20, compositing was done in Motion and After Effects and it was edited in Final Cut Pro.

Below is a youtube link:

YouTube - It Began in 1929

Hope you enjoy it! Any comments would be great!

Thanks

William

Blog Entries

I really liked it.

I'm assuming that it's a mixture of "found footage" and stuff you shot specificaly for the production. If that's the case then they fitted in well together.

For me, it was a bit slow occasionally. Some of the shots were held a little bit too long in my opinion. I realise that it's an art project, not a television production but art doesn't have to be boring. In fact, since most people who are interested in art, tend to be media savvy, you don't need to show the image for an etenity. Give 'em a chance to see what you want to get across, then move on.

That's just me though, your tutor will probably want the shots to be even longer. Whatever, you should be chuffed with this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    I really liked it.

I'm assuming that it's a mixture of "found footage" and stuff you shot specificaly for the production. If that's the case then they fitted in well together.

For me, it was a bit slow occasionally. Some of the shots were held a little bit too long in my opinion. I realise that it's an art project, not a television production but art doesn't have to be boring. In fact, since most people who are interested in art, tend to be media savvy, you don't need to show the image for an etenity. Give 'em a chance to see what you want to get across, then move on.

That's just me though, your tutor will probably want the shots to be even longer. Whatever, you should be chuffed with this.
    Thanks for the comments, I actually filmed all the footage (in my back garden) none of it is original footage, though some shots were on bluescreen with still images behind.

Thanks again,

William

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wlelong View Post
    ... I actually filmed all the footage (in my back garden) none of it is original footage, though some shots were on bluescreen with still images behind...
    In that case... excellent. It had me fooled. I believed that some of the footage came from the depression era.

Blog Entries

Yes - excellent. Loved the message, loved the vibe.

The depression shots were very well set up, really had that feel of the 30s. Th red man was a great touch and the fat banker was a nice touch.

Great use of music.

Criticism - some of the shots were held a bit too long and this impeded the flow of the film just a bit.