Thread: Super Imposing In Vegas 7.0

Default Super Imposing In Vegas 7.0

OK here's the issue...

Top track has a visual (jpg) which is to sit on top of the original footage. The problem is the footage taken is a bit wobbly or maybe better expressed as the camera moves a little. Consequently the image on top of the footage doesnt move in time with the actual footage.

I thought motion tracking was the answer but after having seen various videos on motion tracking in Vegas 7.0 it does not seem to relate to this issue.

Does anyone know how I am supposed to complete this mission. I imagine it is something that is quite a simple process but am yet to find the answer.

All help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by kingpav View Post
    I thought motion tracking was the answer but after having seen various videos on motion tracking in Vegas 7.0 it does not seem to relate to this issue.
    You have reversed the verb and noun: "Track Motion" [TM] is not "Motion Tracking" [MT]

TM allows us to apply MOTION to a track - This Vegas handles very well indeed. AND in 3-D too!

MT allows us to TRACK motion within a clip - There is NOT an automatic provision for this within Vegas. If you wish to get somewhere close to this in Vegas you HAVE to do it manually - key frame by laborious key frame. Pity, and something us old lags have been asking for for a few years now.

Now, I said all this 'cos I just wanted to make sure you are clear on that so that I could attend to your subsequent observation:
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpav View Post
    Does anyone know how I am supposed to complete this mission. I imagine it is something that is quite a simple process but am yet to find the answer.
    Well, you COULD, as I said above, do it manually, OR apply some steadying software that would take your footage and literally deshake or remove an "amount" of wobble. But again I am not clear this is exactly what you want? Do you want to de-wobble/deshake or do you STILL wish to Motion Track the JPG over your footage?

You see? There is a BIG difference. IF you wish to do auto-MT then you are into another package, not Vegas. If you WISH to deshake your wobbly footage then there are some remedies that are plugins for Vegas and one that I use that is a steadying software. Now, I don't know how MT software WOULD use a USERS'S own JPG?

Exactly WHAT are you trying to achieve? A different face over an existing face? That kind of thing? Or exactly what?

Grazie