Thread: Yet Another Rendering Problem

Unhappy Yet Another Rendering Problem

I'm a first-time user and I'm having problems rendering my video using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8.0.

It's about 3 and half minutes long, but it has lots of effects. When I try to render it, it goes to somewhere between 60 and 80%, then stops. The "Time Remaining" clock goes down to zero and the "Time Elapsed" keeps going. It's gone on for 7 hours at one point. There's no error message or anything, it just stops.

The frames that are shown in the preview menu stop too. I have to cancel the rendering, which freezes the program, and i have to ctrl+alt+del it. I can do smaller files, just not larger ones.

I've tried defragging my hard drive, but that didn't do anything to help either.

I'm also having a problem, during playback, where suddenly, the preview screen will turn bright red and stop the video. The audio will keep playing, but when I press Pause, the entire program freezes up.

Is there anything I can do to fix these problems?

1] What are you rendering? Stills? What resolution? Mixed Media?

2] What are your Project settings?

3] What Format are you rendering to? Meaning, what is your final output?

4] What other memory/CPU hungry s/w are you running? Antivirus? Anything Scanning your PC?

VMS is a fine piece of software. It works, and works very well. You should be rendering OK, if your hardware, software and content will allow it to do so. My experience on these matters often tells me that it is the things above which can kill a render. There are many others successfully using this software. Get back here and let's see what it could be that is doing this - yes?

Grazie

Blog Entries

Just as an exercise, delete a few frames either side of the point where it gets stuck and try again. Betcha there's a problem with the source.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Yes, I agree - I bet you are edtiing downloaded divx files - they can often cause this.

Um, let's see. I am using some download divx files, do you think that could be the problem?

I'm using movie clips in the video with normal .wma audio.

I'm formatting it to .wmv.

I'm not positive what the project settings are. do you mean the audio and video settings and things like bit rate and frames per second?

I think we do have some antivirus and i know we use AVG.

I can't delete some of the clips because it stops in different places. At one point, it stopped at 44% and another time it was 79%.

Hope this helps!

Blog Entries

I think the d loaded divx files are the problem.

The only thing, is that I can render small sections of the video without problem. But then, when I try to piece them together on WMM and try to "Publish Movie", WMM stops working.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranna View Post
    The only thing, is that I can render small sections of the video without problem. But then, when I try to piece them together on WMM and try to "Publish Movie", WMM stops working.
    Are you using Windows Movie Maker (WMM)?