Thread: Help for a newbie please

Default Help for a newbie please

My son got married (on a budget) last week and i borrowed a Hitachi dvd cam to record the ceremony.
    Ive managed to get it off the 8mm disc and onto my pc but i need to do some editing and dont have a clue where to start.

basically i have to cut about 30secs off the start of the video (due to someone deciding to stand right in front of me just as i started to record)....how do i do this?

secondly i would like to add a decent menu and maybe a couple of special effects just to make it look good for them. i would then like to burn it to dvd for which i normally use nero.

any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks a lot

Download the "try before you buy" version of ULEAD Movie Factory 6 plus. It does everything you say want to do and if you like it you can buy it.

thanks for the info m8, will give it a try and report back.

grabbed the demo today and gave it a try and I'm impressed. Will be buying the full version of this now.

thanks again for the info.

HI, I've recently got hold of an Hitachi DVD cam, tell me, how did you manage to get the video off of the 8cm disc and onto the PC.

hi

thats the easy bit m8, just put the 8cm disc into your pc's dvd drive and copy and paste it to your h/drive.

nb

you need to finalise the disc on the camcorder for it to be readable on the pc.

Just for other mini dvd cam owners who may be reading this, what type of files does the Hitachi create? Are they .vob or do they have some other file extension and I presume you can open these files in ULEAD Movie Factory 6 plus with no problems such as audio and video synching up alright?

Hi, the Hitachi gives you IFO, VOB & BUP files. I presume that ULEAD Movie Factory 6 plus can deal with these. Sorry for being a numpty, but I have only ever used a mini DV camera and windows movie maker and this just loads one continues clip.