Thread: Sweet Sugar

Default Sweet Sugar

Any comments welcome.

YouTube - Sweet Sugar | the film

Cheers!
    http://balukmagic.com
    taking impossibility to a whole new level

Blog Entries

I liked it. A simple but effective short scene.

My only real criticism is the cuts. Sometimes you have a "flash cut", where there's a frame of white on the edit, sometimes it sin't there. I think you should lose the flash cuts but that's just my opinion. The music change didn't quite work. I understand what was supposed to happen but... maybe you should have had the alleluja chorus with a full choir and orchestra to give it a real POW!

When she sneezes you can hear a male voice in the background, and in the subsequent sneeze, you can hear other voices in the background, that needs to be removed.

Apart from that, nice effort.

Blog Entries

Ha - funny.

Quirky and intersting. NO groans here. Why the flash to white ?

Acting wasnt great but was suitably slapstick.

Why does this film remind me of another I wonder - scarface....

Thanks for the positive overall comments. It was shot in about 30 mins. Done very quickly, more just for fun. Thanks for the input.

About the fade to white, it was put in because she was looking for something to eat or drink. Anything. Obviously, she had trouble finding it and she then realized what she wanted. It was just a moment of relaxation and realization [ albeit, a short moment ]

I'm making some more films soon for a couple festivals... hope to get some real nice work done with the glidecam. Will post that in the future.

Blog Entries

Yes- the glidecam shots -esp at the start, were nice.

Thanks,

About the small bursts of white. There is only one time (other than the longer fade to white previously explained) that I used it. It was sandwhiching a glidecam shot... the whole point to that was to kinda show that it was thru time. The water was turned on [flash] glidecam shot to the front of the face [flash] and then the water was done. The audio at that point is different and sorta makes it feel like time is passing by quicker.

Does it seem effective to you?