Thread: Need advice on editing software

Default Need advice on editing software

hi,

i am quite new to video editing at home and have been using Sonys click to dvd software that came with my vaio.

i can no longer use that and am struggling to find something suitable.

i am not really looking for anything too technical or advanced, just something that i can create a dvd with, a title page, menu page and maybe some basic editing of my footage.

i have a trial version of nero 7 but dont know if its worth buying the full version. i have also looked at windows movie maker. again it seems ok but not sure it can do what i want plus it didnt seem to let me burn to an external dvd drive.

any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks

Default Movie Factory 6 plus

I used a try before you buy version of this(Movie Factory 6 plus) for a month or so and then decided to buy it. It's great for editing video and producing DVDs, with plenty of choices for video compression and audio. You can also produce DivX DVDs.
    I use DVD+/-RWs for watching TV programs recorded on my PC on my LCD TV downstairs. The only thing I found was that I needed DVDInfoPro to erase/format the DVDs each time. The Movie Factory erase/format doesn't seem to work properly. DVDInfoPro is free to download.
    Last edited by ictaylor; 02-19-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Default movie factory 6 plus

thanks for the suggestion. i will def give the trial version a go.

does it let you create a proper title page? one like a real dvd where you have the option to hit either 'play movie' or 'scene selection'?

with most other software it just seems to be a page that shows for a few seconds at the start of the movie itself.

cheers

Default MF 6 plus

Yes, you can create scenes either automatically or manually and then it sets up a menu system for you to give you access to the scenes you have selected or you can play from the beginning. If you have any more questions while you are trying it please ask.