Thread: Help with audio

Default Help with audio

when i play a video file on windows media player the audio is there but when i open it up in sony vegas 8 the audio doesnt show up... any help

From what you have said, I can only come to the conclusion that Vegas can't read the Audio portion of the file. Maybe if you told us a bit more, about the file, then we could "help".

Grazie

i ahve a harddrive jvc camcorder and i drag the clips out from the camcorder and into my documents and like i said. when i double click it the audio works in windows media player but then when i open it in vegas 8 it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    i ahve a harddrive jvc camcorder and i drag the clips out from the camcorder and into my documents and like i said. when i double click it the audio works in windows media player but then when i open it in vegas 8 it doesnt
    What format are your JVC clips in? I have no idea what you need to play/edit these within Vegas. Playing a clip in WMP is no sure way to confirm it WILL play in Vegas. Are you saying the AUDIO plays in WMP but not in Vegas? Or is ANYTHING working Vegas? I'm starting to smell the presence of MPEG4? Anybody else? Mark?

Well, after "some" research and not knowing the actual JVC, JVC have a "range" of cammies and seem NOT to be a MPEG4, but rather one of the MPEG2 family.

We really need to know more. What does your handbook say? try G-Spot to identify the file format?