Thread: Upgrading my camera

Default Upgrading my camera

Hello everyone.
    I've been doing videos on my heap camera for a while now and I'm looking to make it a semi-pro hobby as I have a few people willing to pay me to make them music videos. It's something I've wanted to get into for a while now and I need to take a leap to buy a decent camera.

I have a budget of around 1500. It'll be for music videos and short films I would guess. I want something that performs well in low light and ha s pro feel to it.

If anyone can give me any advice or point me int he direction of good/cheap sites that sell them I would appreciate.

Is it wise to go for 2nd hand do you think??

Thanks a lot for reading

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Considor s/h PD170, XL2, XM2, DSR250 (soulder mount), PDx10 (small), FX1 (hdv)

Not exhaustive list - just my faves.

Bargains are to be had - 6 months back i got me a JVC DV5001e with a basic lends for 1600 quid - that is for a camera with less than 100 hours on it - and it was about 7000 wneh new 2 years back.

However to get the best out of it you need to really know what you are about.

You will needs other kit too - decnts mic(s) - tripod - Uzi so you dont get robbed a ragga gigs ( i speak from expirience)

Hey Mark thanks a lot for your response.

I would appreciate some advice from you regarding an issue. I have no way of trying out equipment and obviously a lot of money is going to be spent on a product. I can put research into all the bits of gear but in the end there is such a large range of 'suitable' cameras with big differences in price.

I need to pick something up sooner or later so what would you suggest I do in coming to a conclusion on the right piece of equipment?

Thanks a lot