Thread: Setup between After Effects, Premier Pro n Divx

Default Setup between After Effects, Premier Pro n Divx

I'm reasonably good with a few apps but I have never really smoothed out the process of . . well processing my videos through them.

Basically say I'm working on a project. I do some in After Effects CS3 and export those as

AVI
    PAL
    Standard Ratio
    720 x 576
    30fps

I bring these into Premier Pro and mix them with say some footage from a handycam which is

AVI
    PAL
    Standard Ratio
    720 x 576
    30fps

Now I want to encode it all so I go to premier pro export

Make sure I have all my settings correct to match my videos (same resolutions, aspect ratio and format

Now i go into the divx codec options Divx 6.2.2 (I think) and set that to use

Home Theater Profile (supports 720 x 576 ratio)

I use many different quality options depending on the project I'm working on.

Even though I do my best to match up my

Resolution
    Aspect ratio
    Frames Per Second
    Format (pal or ntsc)
    All saved and exported as .avi

I still have endless problems

Premier Pro crashes during export - This is, i believe, normally caused by either using a resolution it dosn't like or a resolution that different to the divx codec possibly

Exported video file has audio, but no video - I exports fine but the video dosn't show. This i believe can be caused using the wrong format (ntsc when should use pal)

Corruptions - This is one I can rarely get passed - Areas of the video where there are lots of movement come out pixelated to the extreme. I can't get passed this with multiple passes, have tried all kinds of different quality settings.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this/these issues

Is there a decent application for exporting with a really wide range of resolutions. Alot of stuff i capture with fraps is at 1920 x 1200 and I don't know what, if anything, I can use to edit and export this whilst keeping it at 1920 x 1200

Can't find anything to export at 16:10 ratios and the 16:9 is limited in its options as it is

I'm never sure if the divx codec is ment to override the premier resolutions settings etc. Ive got the properties of the original footage, the properties of my after effects project, the properties of my premier export, the properties of my divx codec, its practically impossible for me to get stuff to a standard and half the standards I want to achieve are not even supported

Plugins ?, other smaller apps ? tutorials ? help ?

Cheers

PAL and 720x576 is always 25fps in my experience - NOT 30fps.