Thread: 2008: A Space Odyssey

Default 2008: A Space Odyssey

here is something i have been working on for the last 3 weeks. It is my alternative version of 2001 a space odyssey. All the soundtrack is from the original film

Download the High quality version
    I decided to make this the actual trailer version as I have finally decided to recreate the whole film using the voice samples from the movie and re creating the whole thing in my own way, using modern day space equipment and satellites and more future realistic sets

Blog Entries

Very impressive, but i cant help thinking you could do something impressive and original...???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Video Fx Universe View Post
    I have finally decided to recreate the whole film using the voice samples from the movie and re creating the whole thing in my own way, using modern day space equipment and satellites and more future realistic sets
    Why?

Instead of taking someone else's work and putting so much effort into it, why not do something original? The whole point about 2001 is that it was groundbreaking. Not just the effects but the way of telling a story, leaving so much to the viewer. In Kubrik's film it was entirely believable, unfortunately your CGI effects are too "sterile" and lack realism.

Bearing in mind your skill and talent, wouldn't it be much more rewarding to do something where people don't feel that they've seen it before? Also, you need to get more in touch with feeling the music when editing.

Apart from that... not bad.