Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Render. transitions/effects will not render. HELP

Default Unable to Render. transitions/effects will not render. HELP

when i attemp to render my fades and other effects the monitor just shows the first frame of my video and renders nothing. To render ive just being clicking on the -timeline- then -render workspace-

can anyone tell me what is going on or how i can fix this. ive done alot of work and cant afford to lose it because of this!!

Blog Entries

It would help if you posted your PC specs and the application (plus version no) that you are using.

Default more info

ok, my computer runs the program fine, to begin with the render worked fine. but about half way through editing my footage i lost the ability to do so. im using Adobe Premiere 6.5

this is quiet urgent and any info at all would be apreciated.
    thankyou.

Blog Entries

I'm just clutching at straws here, but are you previewing to RAM or the HDD. I've never had an issue (and don't even know if it may be one!) but if you don't have sufficient RAM, it may well be that the you can't render all the timeline.

check your project settings.

Default going a little mad.

ok, cant find the settings for RAM or hard drive, ive got about 20 gig spare and 512 RAM though so it really should be ok. it worries me because it was working fine then just stopped. If you dont know why its doing this, do you have any suggestions on white i could do to start a new project but keep my already edited footage, is it possable to keep the clips in their order...i dunno. im really in trouble if i cant get something happening here.
    once again thanks.

Default ALSO

ive just found out i can render the first part of the movie, but not the end. this is very strange.

I've read this thread. Sadly I don't know the answer to the question but the thread has managed to rub me up the wrong way, hence the following rant.

[RantMode]
    Why do poeple do this?

You have an urgent problem and want answers fast right! You were asked for the spec of your PC and you didn't bother doing it. Why not? Marc's next response (about RAM) was really fishing for the information that he had already asked you for. You then mentioned how much RAM you had. Good boy! What about the rest?

Full specs please if you want an answer!

Number of hard drives, config, format, OS, motherboard, chipset, graphics card etc etc. These are all VERY relevant to video editing.

You have to help us to help yourself.
    [/RantMode]

If you want an answer to a problem then you must realise that you're not very likely to get it without supplying details of your system and, at the very least, what bloody s/w you are using that's causing the problem!!!!!

Default FIEXED!!!

ok, found the problem. there is a little yellow bar above the time line. if i drag this around it allows me to render anything. dunno why its like that.......but heck it works. thanks for the effort.
    PS--- TO Millsy, you wang.if i beleived it was a hardware problem i would of gave my full specs, it isnt, so i just gave the info he asked for to be nice. so un rant mode yourself and help out next time. smartass.

Blog Entries

Default Re: FIEXED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_san
    TO Millsy, you wang.if i beleived it was a hardware problem i would of gave my full specs, it isnt, so i just gave the info he asked for to be nice. so un rant mode yourself and help out next time. smartass.
    I'm afraid I totaly understand Millsy's frustration as we've answered so many questions just by asking "what's your PC specs". Working in the service industry (finance) for a living, I'm all too frequently up against saying the same old thing 24*7... but remember that Milly and all the other forum regs share their knowledge free of charge. A few guys (Millsy is one of 'em) spend a LOT of their precious spare time helping others, so I guess they deserve the odd rant

ok, found the problem. there is a little yellow bar above the time line. if i drag this around it allows me to render anything. dunno why its like that.......but heck it works. thanks for the effort.
    Glad you fixed your problem. you can expand the render bar accross the whole of your project by dragging the ends (I think they are white - haven't used 6.5 in a while!). Double clicking the area where the bar would be also fills the bar within the current window.

Default Re: FIEXED!!!

PS--- TO Millsy, you wang.if i beleived it was a hardware problem i would of gave my full specs, it isnt, so i just gave the info he asked for to be nice. so un rant mode yourself and help out next time. smartass.
    I've had my rant and I'm not in a rant mode anymore so will answer to this in a calm tone...

I wasn't assuming it was a hardware fault at all.

Using Premiere there are any number of issues which are quickly explained (if not solved) by simply knowing the hardware profile/setup and it is this that I was referring to. For example... scan through the forums and count the number of 'video capture problems' that are explained away because the user had formatted their hard drive as FAT32 instead of NTFS or simply didn't have a hard drive fast enough. You'll see that their 'software' problems were actually 'config' issues.

I'm glad you've sorted your problem and that it turned out to be a simple RTFM in the end. The easiest kind to fix. I simply wanted to emphasise to you (and others thinking of posting) to supply ALL information because, as often as not, system config/setup IS VERY relevant. Another example I come across regularly is that some capture cards will only work when in certain PCI slots and not others. The appearance of having them in the wrong slot is the sofware not doing what they expected.

Some forums I know of would not have even entertained the notion of trying to help until you HAD supplied a FULL system config because they suffer from my own frustration to a greater degree - dealing with issues full time (the forum is a manufacturer's help desk in all but name). You're lucky you found Marc who at least started helping ratehr than simply ignoring the request for not adhering to the 'rules'.

Your post just happened to come along at the wrong time. Nothing personal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast