Thread: help please am new!

Default help please am new!

hi there my name is jayesh first i would like to say hello to every one as am new to these forums and also new to the world of video editing!

now to business !

ok i recently baught pinnacle studio v9 with the av/dv card out put
    i have the following questions!

the hollowood effects i had a software code and the prgram did not register it this i have purched all legit and i still gett he pinnicale water mark on effects ive e-mail pinnacle and they seem to have not very good customer service is this normall ?

how can i view the movies whilst editing on a tv screen ? if i conncet the output from the extra connncetion box the one that arrived with the software and card will it project the screen visual graphics or the actull video footage am editng on the tv ?
    this is becasue due to the fact my digi video cam does not have dv in ? it has dv out

how do i perform picture in picture in pinnicale ?

ok i also got premier software and the problem with this is when i capture it seems ok but when i play the captured file back to me it seems very jumpy like a strobe effect? can this be due to settings?

i have a very high end spec pc and it has meet all requirements of both software to its higest standard.

another think i would like to say i think this website is an excleent resource and guide of information for people in video editing i wish to make many post and learn from this site.

cheers

Jayesh,

You are probably long gone now as you posted in Aug and had no response. If you are still around do you have any of the same problems still?

I can't help much with Studio as I use Liquid Edition but post anyway as I know enough people (one who sits close by and I'm off out for a curry with this evening) who use Studio.

Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

with that box thing you got with pinnacle it should output the actual video being edited.

you cannot do PIP in pinnacle as it only has one video track.
    Aim for the Moon - If you miss, you may hit a Star

AMD Athlon64 3000+
    48x CD burner
    16x Dual Layer DVD burner
    512 Mb RAM
    Windows XP Pro/Debian unstable
    Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
    Firewire card
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    2 x 17" CRTs, 1 x 17" TFT

I cannot comment on the FX stuff, but if you’re still having prob with jumpy video then go to http://www.pinnaclesys.com/menusuppo...=1&langue_id=7 and down load the updates. It will take care of almost 99 percent of the problems.

As for the help desk...yes they do seem to be rude an unprofessional. It appears they don't have the time or the patients to sit and work with an individual. I have encountered this same prob in the past. I found that emailing them is better. It takes longer to get an answer (2 days) but you don't have to deal with the attitude. I hope the people at Pinnacle are watching this. It definatley is an area to improve in and it will bring in more customers.

Viewing the movie while editing can be done by hooking up the output to a TV. If your camera (like mine) will not allow you to input through the RCA (right terminology?) plugs. So a TV is a good option at that point.

Anyway like LJR said I hope your still around. If you did find out how to do PIP let us know. That would be a nice effect to have on hand.

Thanks,
    Dave B

I believe the latest version of Studio 9 announced recently now includes PiP.
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    I believe the latest version of Studio 9 announced recently now includes PiP.
    Is there a downladable link for an upgrade, or do ya need to buy the newer version?
    Dave B

As I understand it you can download the latest patch (which is 9.3) from the Pinnacle web site for free. This will also contain a number of watermarked features which you can pay for and which brings the 9.3 version up to 9 Plus. I THINK the cost of unlocking the new features is about £19 (that's UK pounds) and around $29
    Lloyd

Ok thanks Loyd.
    Dave B