Thread: I have an issue concerning colour rendering from PC to DVD and finnaly Telivision.

Default I have an issue concerning colour rendering from PC to DVD and finnaly Telivision.

hello i am new to this forum and a new user to Vegas 6 which i havnt got the hang of at all.

Is anyone able to advise me on the following problem.

I videod not in HD, a Pantomine useig a panasonic AG-DVX100Be Camcorder all was fine. capture seemed ok, light balance was fine. I watched the movie on my comp and it all seemed fine,in particular the skin tones of the actors etc under the stage lighting. I then burned it onto DVD i did not use vegas 6 for this but WINDVD Creator.

When i plyed the DVD back through the TV the resluting images are horrendous! with far to much redness as if the exposure was incorrect.

Is this the fault of the rendering of the Movie to DVD or could it be the TV set or DVD Player. It all very strange because it looked fine when i previewed it prior to transfer.

any advice wuld be appreciated.

regards

Terry

WOW - envy you the camcorder - 3CCD and 500 line native capture resolution.

Is the camcorder in auto mode when you capture image?

Could be you need to adjust the capture settings of your PC's capture program.

Your camcorder should be doing a great job of image color capture (be sure white balance and etc. set correctly). The camcorder should be doing a great job of output to your computer with a very strong signal, great signal-to-noise and great color.

Remember that tvs are set up to automatically show a good processed image of television and dvd stuff. You may need to change tvs color mode or adjust color and tint.

You can probably adjust image color characteristics during editing but a shame to put such a good camcorder image through filtering and adjustments all of which affect image quality.

There should be a good and easy fix for this and I am sorry that I'm not bright enough to offer it. Great Camcorder!

Quote Originally Posted by englishbob View Post
    hello i am new to this forum and a new user to Vegas 6 which i havnt got the hang of at all.

Is anyone able to advise me on the following problem.

I videod not in HD, a Pantomine useig a panasonic AG-DVX100Be Camcorder all was fine. capture seemed ok, light balance was fine. I watched the movie on my comp and it all seemed fine,in particular the skin tones of the actors etc under the stage lighting. I then burned it onto DVD i did not use vegas 6 for this but WINDVD Creator.

When i plyed the DVD back through the TV the resluting images are horrendous! with far to much redness as if the exposure was incorrect.

Is this the fault of the rendering of the Movie to DVD or could it be the TV set or DVD Player. It all very strange because it looked fine when i previewed it prior to transfer.

any advice wuld be appreciated.

regards

Terry
    A simple case of editting on a PC with a monitor not calibrated correctly I'm afraid. I never get the same results on a TV as what I see on my PC monitor and I think people very rarely do. This is why serious proffessionals invest large sums in proper monitors. The cheaper answer is to send you video overlay from your graphics card to a TV close by. you'll know what you are getting then.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    A simple case of editting on a PC with a monitor not calibrated correctly I'm afraid. I never get the same results on a TV as what I see on my PC monitor and I think people very rarely do. This is why serious proffessionals invest large sums in proper monitors. The cheaper answer is to send you video overlay from your graphics card to a TV close by. you'll know what you are getting then.

Is it better to use a crt monitor or do they suffer the same problems?

Just noticed something interesting, well to me anyway. My monitors on my pc's give a very white tone to skin colours, not washed out just whiter but when I played a bit of footage from a friends tv directly from the camera (I don't have a tv) the tones were more orange (a result of the site lights I'd been using). Now I've just created a short 6 minute dvd to test a friends house and playing it back through my pc the colours are now akin to those witnessed on a tv, the intersting thing is that if I play the raw video file before authoring it it appears whitish in tone. I hope that makes sense, does anyone know why this happens? If creating an pal dvd video altered the colours I would have expected those colours to have been the same before and after I used DVDA not just after...