Thread: Converting NTSC Project to PAL?

Default Converting NTSC Project to PAL?

Hi, for some reason (dumbness perhaps!) the project I have completed is in NTSC even though I only ever started in PAL so I must have made a mistake (unless its a bug!!). Anyway does anyone know how to change the setting so my project is in PAL and not NTSC (video is PAL) using Pro (not v1.5)

Cheers
    Jim

Just thinking out loud cos I've never tried this and don't have it in front of me here at work but...

...assuming you can't just change the setting then try creating a new project with PAL settings and then importing the old project into it.

This is the only technique I've heard of for changing this kind of project setting and it won't trash your original.

Blog Entries

Millsy, I remember you saying that the project settings file is in XML. I also rember creating a new project settings wizard for someone that wanted a framerate of 40fps by changing every occurence of a string of characters by trial and error (I compared a PAL settings file to an NTSC one, saw what code string differed (it was a series of numbers) and reduced/increased the numbers until the framerate was changed).

So here's what I'm getting at: open up your projects settings in an XML editor (probably best to use notepad), then take a look to see if you can find the framerate and resolution settings. Save as another document and play around with these. Upon up in Premiere.

I'd be happy to take a look at your file if Millsy's suggestion doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    So here's what I'm getting at: open up your projects settings in an XML editor (probably best to use notepad), then take a look to see if you can find the framerate and resolution settings. Save as another document and play around with these. Upon up in Premiere.
    Although Marc did hint at it, I want to emphasise in the strongest terms...

SAVE A COPY FIRST! before trying the above.

It's actually a bloody good idea though Marc. Hope it works.

Hi, thanks for the tip. I will take a look tonight (make a backup first though!!) and see if I can locate the settings.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
    Jim

Blog Entries

If you can't its' not a problem... just render to the correct settings on output :0)

Hi, looked thru the file (long 10,000k) and found lots of references to aspect ratio (648,720 or something similar) but no obvious refs to NTSC or PAL for that matter.

I cannot change the output type as it does not allow me to, perhaps it is because I had to specify what standard I was using when I installed the Canopus software (Storm2 pro) which I did as pal and now when I try to use the canopus encoder it comes up with an encoder board error which from experience from premier 6.5 and this card simply means you are trying to output to MPEG in NTSC when it should be PAL or vice versa. The Softmpeg used to tell you that you were trying to render a project in NTSC which you specified as PAL when you created it originally (nasty error reporting on behalf of canopus encoder card there!)

Any other ideas? Can I import the timeline?

Rgds
    Jim

Blog Entries

Email the project file to me