Thread: newbie? whats the best video capture software From DV

Default newbie? whats the best video capture software From DV

HI Just starting using my Canon MV650i DVcamcorder and looking for the best Quality capture softwareto run.Going to upload dv trough Firewire.Any other tips or webpages I can read will be much thanked.
    Cassanet

Blog Entries

Essentially "any" app that enables DV capture will produce exactly the same results.

Hey ive got the same camera and just got a fire wire card/drive put in and when i try to log and capture using all my programes i have for editing it works for the 1st 30seconds and then freezes and then nothing works. does any1 know if im doing anything wrong?

From that brief description, it's impossible to say. What are the specs of your machine? What are you capturing with? The more information you can provide about the editing environment you're working in, the better the chances of identifying possible problems.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Rah. Let's make a budget canon palmcorder club. I want to join

Ive tried to capture with Windows Movie Maker, Studio Version 8 and ULEAD video studio, they are all very basic editing programes. im not really sure on the specs of the comp cos im a dumbass when it comes to that but i have just instaled a new 120gb hard drive as a slave my old one is 45gb err lookin at the spec thing it says 1.66ghz , 224MB Ram and its windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by blackhalen
    Ive tried to capture with Windows Movie Maker, Studio Version 8 and ULEAD video studio, they are all very basic editing programes. im not really sure on the specs of the comp cos im a dumbass when it comes to that but i have just instaled a new 120gb hard drive as a slave my old one is 45gb err lookin at the spec thing it says 1.66ghz , 224MB Ram and its windows XP
    Which drive are you capturing to and how much free space is left on it? Is it well defragged ect etc?

In video editing, you'll be amazed at what problems disappear after a good defrag.

No promises that this is your problem but it should be done and has solved capture problems inthe past.

im saving it onto my new hard drive that has bout 110gb free space. i just tried defragmenting it and it still doesnt work. as it happens on all the editing programmes cld it be somehitng liek the buffer?

Hmmm not sure I have any more ideas.

Only things I can think to check are the speed fo your HDD (at least 7200rpm?) and the format. Is it formated NTFS or FAT32? It def needs to be NTFS but even FAT32 and it's file size limitations should be able to cope with more than 1min 30 of video.

Yea its NTFS