Thread: Animated video background

Blog Entries

Default Animated video background

It's a bit rough around the edges, but what do you guys think of this animated video background to use as a DVD menu?

Menu options would go in lower third. D'ya think the image is too big/doesn't go well against the background? Maybe I sould superimpose the couple against a video of the church/registry office?

animated video background

For you holiday video is it?

I think the image and background are fine. However putting your menu options in the lower third might be your issue here.

Your 'lower third' contains a dark suit, white dress and animated background so you will have to choose your menu item colour scheme carefully for it to work without putting a frame around the 'buttons'.

I wonder if you take the picture of the couple and move it a little further left then you have space at the top for your menu title and space at the right for a series of buttons. The menu options will all be over the same 'background' then and you'll be more likely to find a colour scheme to fit for them.

The only other thing I'd point out (and not really a critisism) is that the couple look a little 'superimposed' - which is exactly what they are. Presuambly you have a still of the happy couple with an alpha channel to let the background through? Take the still and try to soften the edges a fraction. Just the edges. See how that looks. Or maybe apply a layer shadow between the couple and the animation to try and ease the sharp transition between couple (more so the groom) and background.

Certianly looks like your new pressie is earning it's money which is nice

Good stuff.

Blog Entries

The superimposed look is the one I was going for. I might create a bit of lateral motion from left to right during the 30 second loop to emphasise this. I've already moved the image to the left and expaned so that they fill more of the screen.

I love my new pressies

Carefull where you place your menu buttons though. Having one over a dark suit and another over a white dress might look odd.

Possibly have a flat panel for the 'buttons' to sit on - or any decent custom wedding lower third (I'm sure you have a few now ). Give it 50-70% (ish) transparency will leave the buttons looking ok and still allow us to see 'through' it.

I'm trying to imagine the buttons on it so might be miles off from what you're intending. Got a still, with the current button set on it?

Blog Entries

voila

Definitely works for me. Exactly what I had in mind.

So there's me, spouting all those ideas/thoughts only to find out it;s what you had in mind all along I'll get my coat!

Default Nice

I think that is excellent I would be thrilled to be given that back after my wedding

Do you have a link to a site with some instruction for creating animated DVD menus? Is it as easy as I think it is - by creating a loopable short video and important it to the creation software as the background

Blog Entries

More or less, yer

Default Animated background

I think that background is perfect for the subject matter.

I would surely like to know how this is done. I am using Power Director to capture and edit, then DVD Lab for additional work, menus and burning to DVD. I wuld love to be able to add animation sequences using Flash but have no idea how to do that.

Anywone want to give some simple instructions?

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums Suzanne.

I've never used DVDlab before, but I'm sure this can be done easily as I know it's a powerful tool (especially for the money!)

Infact a few clicks got me to this tutorial for doing exactly what you want:
    http://www.dvdlab.net/dvdlab/tutorial/motionmenu.html