Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error Message in Encore DVD

Default Error Message in Encore DVD

Me again,

I have been following the 'Classroom in a book' about DVD Encore. When I go to 'Build DVD' on completing the project I get an exclamation box saying
    "Sorry, an abnormal condition has been detected. Before quitting, you have one chance to save your project (Don't use the same name as the original".

Then there is just the option of cliking the OK box......no further info as the what the abnormal condition is !!!

Any ideas appreciated

Dave Livingstone
    Thanks for helping

Pentium 4, 2 x 3.2 Xeons, 2 gb ECC registered, 1 scsi 36 GB, 2 x 250 Gb IDE, Matrox RT X100 xtreme pro, win xp pro. (Poweroid 9220) Canon XM2 Mini DV Camcorder

Blog Entries

Create a DVD image (File > Build DVD > Make DVD Image), then burn this in Nero (of your favoured burning application).

Default Thanks Marc

I gather from your reply that although DVD Encore is a good authoring program it isn't the best for burning DVDs ? or it doesn't support particular DVD burners ?

Thanks anyway - I'll give it a go !
    Thanks for helping

Pentium 4, 2 x 3.2 Xeons, 2 gb ECC registered, 1 scsi 36 GB, 2 x 250 Gb IDE, Matrox RT X100 xtreme pro, win xp pro. (Poweroid 9220) Canon XM2 Mini DV Camcorder

Default Same problem

Sorry Marc,

Tried your advice,but get the same error message.

I know the DVD burner works 'cause I use it to back up other data etc.

Any more ideas - Please ?
    Thanks for helping

Default Problem solved

Anyone who's interested - have resolved the problem by downloading a patch from the Adobe site.

Thanks to all
    Thanks for helping

Blog Entries

Cool! I was about to type "check the website for updates" this morning, but got sidetracked I've got a nice shinny version of 1.5 now

Marc and others, watch out for the 'other' DVD writign bug in Encore 1.5. For some burners, it will only write at 1x speed.

The work around here is to produced the image on your HDD and burnin using Nero again - which is what I do anyway cos I never know how many copies I might want

Hey Millsy,

I use the same method of burning an image and then using Roxio DVD Builder to make my DVDs. I haven’t upgraded to Encore 1.5 because of the price. Is it really that much of an improvement over 1.0?

James

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Hey Millsy,

I use the same method of burning an image and then using Roxio DVD Builder to make my DVDs. I haven’t upgraded to Encore 1.5 because of the price. Is it really that much of an improvement over 1.0?

James
    In truth, I don't know. I got a freebie upgrade as part of my Matrox RTX100 card. I haven't built a DVD since I did the upgrade. I've been busy working on other things.

I'm not throwing disks out every week. I'm just a hobby editor and might make a handfull of new disks each year.

The main differences, which are nice on paper of course, are

1) Lots of bug fixes - apparently;
    2) Introduction of a 'play list' button. handy, but you could already do it with a little effort anyway; and
    3) Modified library functions for better organisation.

Thanks,

I’m going to stick with 1.0 for the time being. When you do get around to using it, maybe you could post what you think about the update.

James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast