Thread: A good experience! Studio 11 Ultimate.

1. Thumbs up A good experience! Studio 11 Ultimate.

Having recently purchased a new desktop computer running Vista Home Premium, to replace my previous 7yr old Sony Vaio used for all my Video Editing, burning all to DVD ( without even 1 'coaster' in 7yrs)

After using Studio Vs 8, 9 and 9Plus and Hollywood FX 4.6,5.0 and 5.5 without any problem crashes, it was with some trepidation thatI had to consider carefully
    what edit program I was going to choose to use with Vista. I downloaded all the usual 'Tryouts' but did not feel happy using any of them, after the long time use of Studio.

The decision was made! on the 'web' to Amazon, 51 for Studio 11 Ulmimate.
    It arrived, and with eager anticipation, I had everything ready for the big install!!
    I had done a complete Defrag, closed all programs in task manager and now we start.

3 Disks to install! Studio 11Plus, Ultimate, and the 'Extras'. Why did I worry?
    Everything installed without a problem! Restarted the computer and Bingo, it was all perfect.

After a while I checked on the Pinnacle Support about trying to install my separate copy of Hollywood FX. Oh, no, according to Pinnacle it was not possible to put it into a new computer where the previous versions of Studio had not been
    installed. I considered for a while, but decided to 'give it a go' I opened up the Studio file in the Windows directory, clicked to open HFX and and there upon a window opened to' enter previous serial of HFX, entered it, closed computer, restarted and 'viola' all my full transitions back in Transition Folder. It just didn't get any better.

Oh yes it does, the extra programs, Full program of AudioSoap, Full program of VitaScene, and Demo programs of Heiroclyph and Adorage, did I not use that many years ago on an Amiga 1200? Anyway, I have not have as much fun with Studio since I installed my first Version 8!

Hope you all enjoy Studio 11 as much as I am, and its certainly worth it getting Studio 11 Ultimate, especially at the price Amazon sells it.

Regards to all
    Brian

I have to agree with you Brian - the Ultimate version is a great program.

I have purchased Heroglyph and Adorage some time ago - very useful tools.

While there are some minor issues, it is a very stable program - I am running on XP.

Little tip in case you don't know - the Title track can be used as an overlay track for photos (not video) but you can use it with the PIP or Chromakeying. Thus giving you an extra overlay track.

3. Default Heroglyph and Adorage Plug-ins for Studio11

Hi Ally
    Yes, I bet you have come up with some excellent creations with the two add-ons! These will be my next purchases, but like transitions you have to not go overboard with any of these extras, a little in the right place is just whats needed.

I must admit I have always been a 'Sucker' for a good title for my films and documentaries, I will post some of my films and Cinefilm conversions from the 60's. You will probably get a bit of a surprise because my filming and editing is still going strong at 73yrs young!
    Best Regards
    Brian

Brian - I look forward to seeing them.

Hey, have you visited the Pinhead Project - Mystery Manor (link in my signature). You could win the whole Prodad package. Check it out.

5. Default The Pinhead Project

Yes, Ally, I meant to congratulate you on your very good work. I watched it, you

will have to tell me your secrets! I was very impressed by animations,are they

done with 'Flash'. You have got to remember I have only been 'dabbling' for

nearly 40 years, so I still have a lot to learn!

I shall keep watching Pinhead.

All the Best

Brian

Hi Brian:

The overall "story" that people have to finish was done in Iclone. I just learned it earlier this year and myself and another committee member did our best to act out the script written by yet another member. But our group mostly consists of Studio or other editor types.

So, if you watched my clip which finishes the story, I did not use Iclone (much) but I mostly animated the characters with Heroglyph. But we include tutorials on how to do it on the overlay track as well. The project is geared to regular video editors with a good imagination to make up a good ending to the story. I only just first took a stab at this type of thing a year ago May when a bunch of us on a forum decided to start a group project. Working on this "Pinhead" project has taught me much more than I would have learned just doing my basic editing and for those who join in, it can be very addicting. Pinhead has his own personality that we have all grown to love and adore.

Thanks for checking it out and you are totally welcome and invited to join in. I and the other committee members are available to help out anyone who wants to give it a shot.

Regards,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snobbie45 View Post
    Hope you all enjoy Studio 11 as much as I am, and its certainly worth it getting Studio 11 Ultimate, especially at the price Amazon sells it.

Regards to all
    Brian
    Good to hear a happy ending on the forums! I know there's been a fair few posts on many websites complaining about the instability of the various incarnations of Studio, but to a large extent that can be attributed to the laws of large sampling! The more users you have, the greater the number of users with bad experiences. I've used Studio in the past with no problems (I didn't like the interface, but that's my personal opinion), and I know of many users happy with the product. But there are a large number of users with problems, which is why only purchasing software with a free trial is the wise route when investing your cash.

this is exactly what I hate. Video overlay is not possible in pinnacle 11, this is not so good, Premiere is doing great.

Something else what I expect for the next release from pinnacle is subtitle adding and stamping. It's stupid to not be possible to stamp the date/time onto your digital movie just captured.