Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upload your videos here

Default Upload your videos here

Stage6 Upload Video Clips. Share, Watch, Download Videos

HIGH quality videos. Uses DivX. Your videos will still be high quality here, not bad like youtube.

Blog Entries

I'm impressed with what DivX have done with that site, and would dearly love to offer something similar here (obviously a stripped down version and offering the creme de la creme of Digital Director user videos).

The site whoops Youtube in terms of everything video/media... its just Youtube has such a big community. I wish Youtube would just switch from flash videos to divx or xvid coded videos... get with the times!

So do you have any plans to offer some sort of video sharing to this site?

Thanks for posting that link up. I'm curious to see what the quality difference will be compared to youtube, when I finally get a video uploaded there. For some reason my browser keeps having a canniption everytime I hit "upload".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
    So do you have any plans to offer some sort of video sharing to this site?
    The simple answer is yes.

Blog Entries

Yes- I have been watching satge 6 for a few weeks - superb quality - better than a crappy 2mbit cable feed by miles.

I fail to grasp why flash is ubiquatous and why you tube has such a poor bit rate (still). My pernoal fav for streaming hovever is still wmv.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I fail to grasp why flash is ubiquatous and why you tube has such a poor bit rate (still). My pernoal fav for streaming hovever is still wmv.
    Because Flash is a resource typically used on most internet sites to deliver fancy content. As the plugin is already available on almost every machine with an internet connection (even those in offices), it means people can watch without needing to install something extra to their machine (generally can't be done in an office).

When you first play a stage 6 file, you need to download something. Most people are put off this and it essentially restricts your target audience. So the YouTube decided to use FLV to maximise their audience, and just as importantly use something they didn't have to develelop.

I undrerstand that advances to Flash now means that HD content can be delivered and encoded using h.264 encoding. This would increase quality for a gievn file size. But consider the audience. Stage6 is for filmmakers, YouTube is for people that happen to have a video they want to show.

Blog Entries

Indeed. It is irritating that you need to choose between audience size or decent quality.

I cant be doing with yet wnother place to update and care for - my tube page and neglected HQ streaming site keep me busy enough.

I might use stage 6 for stuuff I make that is clearly above the you tube waterline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Thanks for posting that link up. I'm curious to see what the quality difference will be compared to youtube, when I finally get a video uploaded there. For some reason my browser keeps having a canniption everytime I hit "upload".
    The difference is night and day in terms of video quality.

As for the flash-divx discussion... when you play a stage6 file you need to have divx, which most people should have... but I mean its only a one time thing anyway and higher quality SHOULD have a better audience than horrible quality on youtube that looks horrible when widescreen videos are uploaded too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
    As for the flash-divx discussion... when you play a stage6 file you need to have divx, which most people should have...
    To play Stage6 videos, you'll need the DivX Web Player, and to upload you need the DivX Content Uploader. You don't need to install a thing (in the majority of cases) to upload to youtube. Is this a bad things? For people after quality, probably not. In fact it probably acts as a filter to stop casual users from uploading equally casual videos.

I don't think it should be compared to YouTube however (and I don't think DivX Networks would want that comparison), in the same way that you wouldn't compare a Mobile Phone to a Camcorder. But people do. And they will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast