Thread: Converting AVI to DV-AVI?

Default Converting AVI to DV-AVI?

I need to be able to convert AVI files into DV-AVI Files. The video is recorded in MPEG4 and saved as a windows AVI and Abobe Premiere Elements 4 and a trial version of Premiere Pro won't run the audio.

I've read up on that and it seems that the AVI format is not like by either program. I've laid out cash for Elements 4 and want to be able to use it.

I've tried using Windows Movie Maker but the save hangs at 5sec to go and thats after a 1.5 hour conversion, very frustrating.

I've also tried to download the VirtualDub program and I've installed the panasonic codec as stated on a few websites but I get an error saying:-

The Source image format is not acceptable

Again, very frustrating.

Is there anyone out there that can offer advice?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Lawman1965 View Post
    I need to be able to convert AVI files into DV-AVI Files. The video is recorded in MPEG4 and saved as a windows AVI and Abobe Premiere Elements 4 and a trial version of Premiere Pro won't run the audio.

I've read up on that and it seems that the AVI format is not like by either program. I've laid out cash for Elements 4 and want to be able to use it.

I've tried using Windows Movie Maker but the save hangs at 5sec to go and thats after a 1.5 hour conversion, very frustrating.

I've also tried to download the VirtualDub program and I've installed the panasonic codec as stated on a few websites but I get an error saying:-

The Source image format is not acceptable

Again, very frustrating.

Is there anyone out there that can offer advice?

Rich
    Hello,

I have another kind of files to convert (mpeg2 ready for DVDs, obtained from a mpg analog capture card: Avermedia DVD ezmaker gold), and I was able to convert them with Panasonic software codec and VIRTUALDUB.

I don't know if this will work with mpeg4 files; if you encounter any problem, there is a chance that virtualdubmod could use the mpeg4 codec in another way...

What I want right now is to be able to capture DIRECTLY with the Panasonic software codec from my card (mpeg2 capture card), but the results are confusing: sometimes audio and video don't sync, sometimes video freezes a lot of times or the quality is poor. The codec works perfectly to CONVERT an already captured video, but to capture in realtime is not so easy... I have a pentium 4 3.2 ghz, far enough to make this I think... Do you have any idea ?

Thanks,

Roger