Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AE Wedding Intro

1. Default AE Wedding Intro

Hi folks

I have seen many videos, on this comunity. but I never saw how you guys start a dvd wedding. So, the time has arrived for me to post my first open wedding video for critique, and am hoping I'm on the right track. Still lots to learn with regards to handling color correction, shot selection, shot angle etc etc, I have basically taken all of my inspiration for my other highlights from this forum and the wealth of knowledge and creativity that exists within it, now I ask for your feedback. It was shot with PD170 edited on Adobe PPro CS3 and after efects 7.0. I look forward to your responses (good or bad,)

http://videoartes.com.br/?p=16

http://videoartes.com.br/?p=11

Cheers

Joel

Absolutely loved them both.

Unique,funny and excellent. This is not someone who has just started out!!!

Cheers.

GDR

very good, love the graphics, that must take ages, if the rest of the video keeps the same pace then they should be great, but I have normally found that some people have fantastic credits and when he video actually starts it all falls over to normal boring typical shots.

Have a look at some of mine on my site Award Winning Videos, SVS Weddings, Film Clips menu

Just to add to Z cheema's post. This has also been my experience. There are those that are great at graphics and intro's with AE etc, and then fall far short with the actual footage!

There are those not so good with graphics and intros but more than make up for it with a fantastic wedding video with beautiful composition, technique, and overall style.

I would rather fall in the latter of the two. I would like to be able to do it all, but if I had a choice my first priority would be the footage of the day, followed by the edit.

Still excellent stuff.
    Cheers
    GDR

Blog Entries

LOL - woke up grumpy today - the second was totally cool and made me laugh - first good too, but second is gunius.

That animation must have taken ages and ages.

Default The label is the forgotten intro

Great wedding videos and impressive intros. I may be a little off base here but I think that a wedding disc label acts as an intro and is too often neglected. All aspects of a wedding disc need to be done in a professional manner to justify the cost to the client. Many wedding discs I have seen contained very hi standard intros and content only to have a sloppy substandard label on it.
    I have been using a new devise that quickly and easily produces quality results for my clients. It is called the DiscPainter by Dymo. For small run wedding discs it is the best labeling system out there. I typically use a photo from the wedding (and no not always a couple shot) for the label. I easily add text info to it and in one minute the disc label is finished printing. Every client so far has been very impressed with the quality and none have complained about the cost/benefit they received.
    The bottom line is that quality labels, intros, music and content are a must to get the compensation you deserve for your wedding discs and to get referrals for new weddings.

Blog Entries

I do my labels using m soft publisher - I like the flexiblilty a full on package gives me.

Cracking animations in the second one. A real 60s B movie touch - I can almost smell the Mivvys!
    You have a great eye for the detail and should continue fine tuning the style. Well done!

9. Default

wow I wonder how u made the first one? I mean is it simply if u know how to yse AE or are u pro?

Looked so good, I mean so classic and emotional really.

I agree, is it difficult to achieve this effect or is it a native component of after effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner7 View Post
    wow I wonder how u made the first one? I mean is it simply if u know how to yse AE or are u pro?

Looked so good, I mean so classic and emotional really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast