Thread: What Camera?

Default What Camera?

Hi all,

I'm new, both to this site and video recording. I have a question, it's almost certainly been asked before.

Which is the best Camcorder? Simple, well not really. I am looking for something that will fullfill specific reqirements.

1. It must be small
    2. It must be light
    3. It must have the capability to attach a helmet mounted camera (can you see where this is going?)
    4. It must be capable of recording in high quality
    5. It must have good battery life.

I've been looking at the Canon HV20 and the reviews look quite good, and it appears to be quite light at only 535g.

If you hadn't already guessed, I'm looking at shooting some extreme sports. I take part in quite a few of the things, mountain biking, mountaineering, rock climbing etc. I need something that is going to be light enough so that it won't add too much to the weight I already have to carry and it must have AV in so that I can attach a Helmet Cam. The latter is essential as all of the sports involve using both hands .

On the subject of helmet cams, can anyone reccomend one.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

A company called dog cam is my standard reccomendation - forum users have got stuff from them in the past.

I would advise against a hard drive camera, maybe it's ill informed prejudice on my part but i have broken every portable device I own with a drive in - bust drives.

There is little point in getting moer than the cheapest can you can find with a video in - the pic quality off the bullet cam will be poorish, and cheap cams are lighter.

This is what i have my eye on - Buy ATC2K All Terrain Waterproof Digital Video Camera from online shop

try the camera on the only camera like it that ive ever seen on the market. no wires, attaches to the helmet (or pretty much anywhere else) and records onto a memory card...pretty simple and its only$350

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Same as the camera from woolworths I mention above I expect? They are 100 in Wolles.