Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a few Vegas Pro gurus

Default Looking for a few Vegas Pro gurus

Mods, if this is in the wrong section of the forum you may move it. This is not an advertisement for any product or service, rather an opportunity offered to anyone who is interested. cheers. Mike

I am currently working with a marketing team in support of an online startup to help with recruiting as well as other phases of their marketing strategy.

At this time we are actively seeking experts in Sony Vegas Pro. By 'expert' we mean that your knowledge should be comprehensive enough and your skills developed enough so that you would consider yourself 'advanced'. We are not interested in beginner - intermediate skill levels.

If you meet this criteria and are interested in learning about a unique opportunity to market your abilities that will lead to more exposure for you and your business, while also earning exclusive perks and benefits, as well as the potential for revenue share, then you are encouraged to reply to this posting. (Your time commitment can vary from as little as an hour per week or more as your schedule permits)

Please send me a private message with your name and an email address where I may send further details, and a phone # if possible, or if you prefer to point me to your website or other location where I can obtain your contact info please do so. I can not disclose full details of the project here at this stage, (we are in beta and still safeguarding proprietary technology) but we will be sending a letter of invitation to all those who wish to apply within the coming weeks. The site we are developing is slated to go live in the very near future.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,

Mike

Blog Entries

Hi - have moved your post to here. The vegas section is more for technical questions.

You may get more interest if you can say more - we do get quite a few 'irrisistable offers' .

Blog Entries

So basically it's an 'experts-exchange' type set up where 'members' pay for answers?

Internet forums are a funny old thing aren't they? You see, your post will be seen by thousands of video editing enthusiasts and a fair few Vegas Gurus. You're working for a company paying you to find these gurus, and they will subsequently be paid by the company employing you. And yet you haven't given anything back at all to our little forums. In fact, it could be argued you'd be taking something away from everyone...

Now I'm more than happy to invest my time and money helping others out. Hell I get a kick out of running the forums! But it does sometimes strike me as somewhat strange when I end up subsidising businesses. I know you're not selling a product.

But hey, that's life! I guess I'll just never be an entrepeneur (and certainly won't make a fortune from the web )

Good luck with your venture. Regards, Marc.

I will post and see what i get back, not keen on people who post 1 queston for personal gain then never to be seen again...

Mark, Marc, and Z Cheema, thank you for your comments,

Here is my situation: I have been charged with the task of recruiting experts in several popular software products, (including Vegas Pro) for an up and coming web project for a New York based comapany. I have already contacted Sony's Training Manager in the hopes they might maintain a directory of certified consultants/trainers but have yet to receive word back. What I am trying to do at this point is to streamline my efforts in the hopes that if I make the opportunity available, then the right potential prospects will approach me, rather than me having to seek them out, which I have found to be a fairly tedious task.

As I have mentioned I cannot go into much detail about the project until we go live as everything is under NDA and we don't wish to expose the idea to potential competitors before we are already established. I think the most I can give you is that it will be online tutorials with a new twist. The site will be free to use, and revenue will be generated primarily from advertising (like the google ads you see here on this site)

I apologize that I will not be spending much time on this forum other than for the above stated purpose. I hope that I am not being viewed as a spammer, but I understand and respect your opinions. If you can point me in any other directions or know of any other resources where I might find Vegas Pro experts, please feel free to let me know.

Lastly, for whatever its worth, you might be interested to know that at one time I did have an interest in documentary film-making, wrote up a lengthy budget and treatment, completed one audio-documentary that was to air on BBC radio but never did, filmed for a short on local wine-tasting in New Jersey but never got out of post-production with it, and have read Barry Hampe's Making Documentary Films and Reality Videos from cover to cover and thoroughly enjoyed it.

regards,

Mike C

Blog Entries

We dont think your a spammer - some of us have been talking about how we often seem to be doing 'consultant' type work for business users on the forums. We have been pondering how great we all are and wondering how to monetise our consumate talents.

That is the context.

Is the USP online help - bet it is!

Well I have been fortunate in that corner with my experience with Vegas 8 and do seminars at shows for Sony Europe and on their stand answering questions. That came from doing some freebie stuff for the UK supplier.

I do not profess to know everything about V8 as it is a bit like a chess game there is always deeper things to be had, but I have used it since V3 to know it well enough to keep out of trouble

Over the past 4 years I have assited demonstrating Vegas at several trade shows.

In 2007 Sony Europe invited me to support with the one-to-one demonstrations of Vegas at the Video Forum at Earls Court. I answered questions, provided Vegas-solutions to Users' creative concepts and produced project files for the same. I have presented Vegas to a department of a leading UK-broadcasting organisation at which I was asked to explicitly deliver and create real-time verification of Vegas being able to ingest multiple formats; provide captions; sync music beds, as well as audio correction and colour grading.

Often it is a case of needing to assist others by providing examples of just how their concepts may be achieved through this software. People really do like seeing their ideas emerging and taking shape.

In my own work I use Vegas along with the whole suite of SONY Creative Software to produce corporate videos for London-wide organisations. Having cut my teeth on VegasVideo3, and seen Vegas develop over the past 7 years; I have learnt when I need to consult directly with SONY.

I can confirm most of the above

Blog Entries

It's interesting that you're concentrating on Vegas users. Does this imply that either:

1. Only Vegas would be covered with respect to [insert the product your client is offering]. Which leads to a seperate question of how popular Vegas is perceived to be!
    2. That it's harder to find Vegas experts - Adobe have their 'Certified' experts. Which would lead to the same question regarding the popularity of Vegas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast