Thread: need BIG help: keyframes in text editing

Default need BIG help: keyframes in text editing

hi, ok erm when i want to edit a piece of text on a video, I.E. make it move from left to right during the video, i need to have a position timeline thing on the bottom of the text editing window like i have when i crop/pan clip like this:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9457/pic1kf0.jpg

but on my text editing window it doesnt show that but just has a big blank area:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1795/pic2ju8.jpg

please tell me how to put the keyframe timeline on my text editing window. thanks in advance

When you have your text looking right, exit the text editor, go into pan & crop and, control the movement from there

OK .. 2 major points

1] Using an Alternative to Pan/Crop. The Text Placement tool gives greater scope than Pan/Crop. For example, say I had a rolling credit that was WIDER or TALLER than the whole of the viewable area? I achieved a 250 name lower third credit roll in 20 point type. That would have made it at least 20 viewable frames wide. Pan/Crop would do the 1 frame load and then "choke". So I did it with Text Placement Tool. Pancrop could/would not come near it. Pancrop just would not would not comply. Text Placement Tool would. By using -ve and +numbers numbers in the placement tool I can have massively long text roll-on and roll-off screen at will. The other Media Generator (MedGen)option is to use the Credit Roll Text MedGen. This is IF you wish to have more than a screen full of text moving. For my money Pan/Crop is great for panning over media and likewise "cropping" media to suit a design. The are far far more flexible ways of operating on text than P/C. And now with ProType Titler even more.

2] cocacola, just carefully roll your cursor over the bottom edge of the Text Placement Tool window. The Cursor SHOULD change shape into a vertical double arrow icon. Hold a Left mouse click and DRAG up wards. This should reveal the timeline for the Text Placement tool timeline.

HTH

Grazie

Grazie thanks alot!! it worked