Thread: Chained up 2008

Default Chained up 2008

Hey, hows it going everyone? We're a group of indie film makers just starting off and trying to get our feet planted. This past weekend we put this real life scenario on film without giving the "victim," any information about what was going on.. This 8.30 short film is what ensued after he was captured and chained in a dark basement. The following review should sum things up quite well.

"A dark and gritty documentary of an unsuspecting young man who is lured into a basement by his friends, overpowered and held captive for 11 hours by a chain around his neck. Delve into the mind and observe the panicked behavior of a person who is unwillingly abducted, forced to cope with a terrifying situation and pushed to wits end. It will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.....and upset with humanity....that there are people that could actually pull pranks of this caliber on their friends and video tape it for their own bizarre enjoyment."
    Hope you enjoy, and please let us know what you think!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums tunchie - I have moved your post to 'user videos'. This is the place to post stuff for feedback.

Blog Entries

Nice one - I loved the story and quite scary at times. Twisted I like. Overall that woirked very well. Original for sure. The cell looked great.

BUT - why did you go to h held camera in the basement? - that puts the audience 'in' the room thus spoiling the suspense the the 'security camera' look had built up.

I presume thoise tpae drop outs are real at the end - funny thing is they work well - if you added them it foled me.

The technical problems didnt spoil the film but some of the shots were far too dark. I would avoid cracking your finger joints on camera - I for one hate it ! ! !

You guys must be familiar with the research of Milgram and/ or Zimbardo.

I thought it looked a bit like a pron film at the start - am I sharing too much info yet. Hope there is a sequel.

Why can't Big Brother be like this...would be 10X entertaining. 10 out of 10 from me....I jsut loved the original idea, but now-Of course im gunan have to try and do something like it!

Default good points

Mark W
    Thanks man we apreaciate the nod and the constructive critisim.
    Yeah the tape drop outs where real but they worked so we went with it.

We probably shouldn't have gone to hand held your right. But we skipped around a bit when shooting the footage and only had the one camerah. So we wanted more angels. I'll tell that idiot to keep his finger cracking to himself and it was a bit of a pain with how dark some of it was next time we'll be more aware of that.

Actualy no we don't know Milgram,Zimbardo. But now I'll be sure to check them out.

No sequel in the works as of yet but maybe later. We do have plans for another short vid, followed by a ten minute vid as well.

Not in the same style but hopefully interesting enough.

LukeD
    True that man. but big brother won't do it because they have the contestants sign silly things like waivers...honestly how are you going to do something worthwhile after that?......glad you liked it......if you plan on jumping a friend use a taser it'll keep him in line.

Blog Entries

Default interesting

Now that I've assosiated there names with there experiments I have heard of them. We didn't have this in mind for the film but it seems fitting. the idea actualy came from the act. My friend Max the Captor actualy did have me chained up for three hours of time.

Blog Entries

" My friend Max the Captor actualy did have me chained up for three hours of time. "

Anymore (ahem) interesting details that you might care to share ? ? ? ?

Default nah

nah man....it was just to get a feel for the thing....i was just down there to get the experience to make the footage look real...method acting.