Hello all. Hope I'm posting this in the correct section (I figured either here or hardware problems).

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with firewire hubs? I'm wondering if they slow down transfers substantially and make for choppy captures. If anyone uses one and can tell me what they think I'd appreciate it.

I'll go into a bit more detail about my issue just in case. I have one 6-pin port on my laptop that I use for one of my external drives. So when I want to capture, that port is being used (I like to capture and render on that external). The external drive has two ports but when I plug the camera into the second port that is on the external I get terrible captures (I suppose there is too much going on). So right now all I can do, that I know of, is unplug the external and capture onto my internal. Then plug in the external and copy what I captured. That means reseting my scratch discs every time (or using the internal drive as a scratch, which I don't want to do) and it's a real pain in the ass. I hope that wasn't too convoluted. I don't know if using a firewire port would do any good. Any ideas?