Thread: Adobe premiere 4

1. Default Adobe premiere 4

Hi, I was wondering if anyone was familar with this software? I just ordered it and it's been giving me a bit of trouble.

Aside from the fact that it's slow and takes a huge toll on my computer despite me meeting more than all the system requirements...for some reason, it wont read any of the dvds- it just keeps telling me that i need to reconnect the device and try again-whatever that's supposed to mean.

Then when I try to load an avi file it tells me that it cant upload it because of an unsupported audio rate.

It lets me load MPEG-which of course isnt the same quality as an AVI or VOB file but I thought fine, what the hell, i'll convert my files to MPEG.

And then when I look at transitions and effects it has a huge list except the most basic one-a standard flash transition.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, just watch the first 5 seconds of this

Is there anyway I can fix these problems? I've looked in help over and over again and nothing. Should I just sell my software? Can someone recommend me something else? The only reason I bought this is because I got a new computer and I read reviews saying this was the equivalent of Imovie by apple.

I'm desperate to get editing before university starts again and this program has been giving me hell!

Any advice would be great-thanks in advance.
    Last edited by pandora_7891; 01-27-2008 at 03:53 AM.

Convert your files to DV-AVI and they will work perfectly in Premiere Elements. You will most likely have problems with the MPEG files at some point, possibly not until you attempt to export. Not everyone has problems with MPEG files but some do.

Windows Movie Maker or Virtualdub will convert your existing AVI files to DV-AVI.

The forum at muvipix.com has over 600 Premiere Elements users with very few problems, most have no problems at all, check them out.