Thread: Sony Vegas 8 Pro Help

Default Sony Vegas 8 Pro Help

I have been asking around for help on this a lot and i haven't really gotten a straight answer, this place looks like they can help me the most.

I have Sony Vegas 8 Pro and i created a video by using AVI clips. They play fine on Sony Vegas which is sort of surprising but when i went to render it the movie file played the AVI clips as a black screen. I tried rendering it in different formats but it didn't help. I asked for advice from multiple people and the first answer i got was Sony Vegas can't use AVI and they have to be converted, but that didn't make sense to me because why can I edit it but not be able to render it. The second answer was to download a codec, which also didn't help at all.

I would really like to know if theres anyway i can save my video without having to redo it all because i worked for a really long time on it and it would be such a waste to lose, and it just doesn't make sense how Sony Vegas will open AVI's but not save them. I'll appreciate any help or advice asap. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Paladin View Post
    I asked for advice from multiple people and the first answer i got was Sony Vegas can't use AVI
    Utter tosh and bunkum! I do this ALL the time, along with a few other thousands of people!! It all depends what is within that AVI that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Paladin View Post
    . . . and it just doesn't make sense how Sony Vegas will open AVI's but not save them.
    You are quite correct. It wouldn't - if it was true!

There are 2 things you really need to ascertain:

1] Are you RENDER the region you want to render and have you muted ANY of the tracks?

2] Ascertain exactly what is INSIDE the AVI. Where DID you get the footage from? It would be tempting for me to think that as you can READ this particular AVI file then Vegas or another NLE could render it? At the moment we don't know if what you say IS an avi might actually be another type of file which has had the AVI extension added to it? See? - An AVI is only only a wrapper. What is going on inside could be lots of different things.

Saying that Vegas can't read/import an AVI is very misleading indeed, What they THEN should have said, it all depends what is INSIDE that AVI - did they?

Hopefully we WILL get to the bottom of this. But YOU do need to do some further research on the actual AVI - yeah?

HTH

Grazie
    Last edited by Grazie; 01-27-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: HTML coding correction . . seesshh . .