Thread: Analogue In

Default Analogue In

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a MiniDv camcorder with an "Analogue In" function without much success. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

What is your budget? Analogue in seems to be disappearing off the lower end camcorders now quite quickly so you have to start looking at more expensive models to find that feature.

Around 300 or so.

Finding analogue in on a 300 camcorder may be asking a lot. Look on the Jessops, Curry's and Argos websites to see if they have any Mini DV models in that price range with analogue in. I would suggest a separate breakout box from Pinnacle with analogue in and a USB connection but I'm not a big fan of them to be honest.

Try ADS InstantDVD+MP3 converter! Has RCA in,SVHS in and DV in and will convert all these to MPEG !
    Have used one for years and works great !

Blog Entries

If you're looking to convert old analogue footage to digital, it may be worth looking on ebay for cameras that are broken but will still allow analogue to digital conversion.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Any canon with an ' i ' in the name has analogue

Here is a useful list for you - sorted !

Helmet cameras Compatible camcorders with an a/v input

8. Thumbs up Analogue in

Hi Mark,
    Regarding the discussions about analogue in using the 'Pass through' method, I wondered if anyone has come across this version of the 1999/2000
    Sony TRV 120 Digital 8 Model.

It is an Australian Pal version, but besides being able to play Video8, HI 8, Digital 8, and having 'Pass Through' which I use for inputting VHS and SuperVHS tapes, also DVDs straight from my DVD player.

The most unusual feature which was never on the UK, European or US versions is the extra control on the top which is a 'RECORD IN' which will record any external source video direct on to the Digital 8 Tape in the camcorder.

I know a Top of the Range DCR-TRV 950 produced at the same period had this feature, but that cam was about 1400 if I remember rightly. I bought this cam in Sydney in 2000 for about 250 after having the Tax refunded at the airport on departture.

I decided in 2003 when in OZ again, to buy the Sony PC 330E which produces a superb picture without any 'noise' even in very low light levels, using a 1/3 ccd
    with 3.3megapixels. Again the Tax element was refunded at the Airport, the only requirement is the box must not be opened before leaving Australia and the receipt must be produced to reclaim the Tax back.

Well, worth considering for anybody having a holiday, or have a relative going over !!
    Best Regards
    Brian