Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: export to tape problem in premiere v7.0

fAuLk Guest

Default export to tape problem in premiere v7.0

Ok, so I've got 60 minutes worth of footage in my timeline and my JVC GR-D31EK DV camcorder connected via firewire. Following the instructions in the camcorder manual about exporting back to the tape I have turned the camera to PLAY mode. 'DV-IN' appears on the LCD screen.

Now in premiere (version 7) how do I export back to the tape? Whenever I click 'Export to Tape' it appears to be recording but on the camera it is recording normally (a nice beautiful dark lense cap), not the footage in the timeline.

I'm stumped. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

I'm stating the obvious and you'll hate me for it... but are you absolutely, categorically, and positively sure that's you've kept it in "play" mode?

fAuLk Guest

yup.

Default premier pro 7 will not export to tape..

Hello fAulk and hi to Marc Peters, my name is Andy and I am from Bolton Lancashire. Over the last couple of days I have been "pulling what hair I have left out of my head" This problem has had me so confussed I was left with no alternative other than to seek out anybody else who has had the same problems as I am having.... Smokin Gunns!

I typed in my browser "video capture problem forums" which led me right to "video editing forums" (Jurassic Park), I spent 2 mins searching and I came across your problem faulk. This is the exact same problem I am having! And yes Marc I have camera in CAM mode/playback. I am using a canon mv400i via a 1394 connection which incidently is not listed in the divice control panal, the device brand is present but not the type. However this does not stop me capturing from the camera. I again like Faulk are using adobe premier pro 7 which I think is a outstanding programe but I'm sure I would like it even better if this problem could be solved.

Faulk can I ask you to check if your device type is listed... you will find it at , edit/preferences/device control. click on options and you are presented with a dialog box listing video standared, device brand and device type. Just have a look to see if your camera is listed if it is not we could eliminate many other alternatives Thanks!

On a lighter note I was laughing at what you said Faulk I quote... a hour of footage in your time line, just made me laugh as I fully understand your frustration... It's been nice chatting and I hope we can solve the problem. Thanks for listening!

Andy
    :( :( :( :( but hopeful of :P :P :P :P again!

Default I think I suused it !!

Hello there again, I think I have the answer we are both looking for I thought I would have yet another go only this time it paid off (Here's How)

Open Adobe and then close all files (make sure your timeline is empty) click the empty timeline to activate it, select the file menu/export/Adobe media encoder. Select the quality settings you require (my choice is for mini dv tape-------Pal dv high quality cbr 1 pass and in the comment box I chose High quality cbr transcoding of dv content then click ok.

You are then presented with a file location dialog box! Search for the file you require to export to dv the highlight it so it is displayed in the file name box. In the "save as type box" display mpeg 2 dvdm2v then the export range box highlight "entire sequence" then click save.

Nothing happens at this stage however if you point to the file menu/export/export to tape your video will now record your production... This may be a long winded way around but it worked for me.

Good luck :P :P :P :P :P :P I told you I will be smiling again... I love Adobe! Take care

Andy

Blog Entries

Well done Andy! Always good to see someone solve their own problem and share with the rest of us!

Remember to enter the competition

I am having the exact same problem, when i export my camcorder starts to record by itelf but it just records a blue screen while the clip is playing on my computer, i have a sonytrv22 camcorder, ive been stuck for days, ive tried everything everyone has said on this board, now im getting frustrated, i need help!! does anyone know of any other firewire drivers i can download? thanks

I had the same problem once.
    What I ended up doing was ejecting and inserting the tape and it was fine... Don't know if this will helop you guys but It can be worth trying.
    I also had it happen to me when the tape has been write protected but this was pretty obvious...

DrGonzo

-----------------
    P4 2.2GHz, 512MB RAM, 60GB OS, 250GB WD Media Center FW/USB2, Sony DCR-PC105e, Sony wide angle conversion lens
    -----------------

Blog Entries

Glad you're able to admit those embarrassing mistakes

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago I was having this problem blue screen when exporting to tape! I can solve the problem once and for all. Here goes... go to file,export to tape, you are then presented with a dialog box asking you to begin recording. If you click record at this point your files will render however when your files are rendered taping will begin but the blue screen apears instead of the footage.

ok do it this way... close the record dialog box and start again. Click file, export to tape and when the dialog box reappears Note a check box at the top wich say "activate recording device" you will note that this is checked. Its here where you have to uncheck it and re check it and then you will find everthing is ok. Trust me!

As Arnie would say... I will be Back!

Take care

Andy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast