Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Competition

I'll get the official wording from CWP, but I'm sure it would be cool for the purposes of the competition.

Cheers Marc,

Just trying to be careful as the current wording has a certian ring of "you may add the track to you timeline but not adjust any settings whatsoever" for it.

I'm going to adjust volume certainly. If it discounts my entry then so be it! :twisted:

Further explanation just received from Chris Worth himself as a private email so I thought I'd share. All's well to 'adjust'.

Hope you don't think this is an intrusion, but I'm just preparing the details to send you regarding how to get your free music track and I've just seen your forum post regarding the licence.

The sentence you are referring to goes on to say:
    use, modify or adapt any part of Works in any manner, including without limitation by way of copying, sampling or looping for the purpose of creating any new composition or works; or

So you can do anything with it like chop, edit, loop, fade it in and out, use the volume - anything as long as you don't claim your amendments are a new piece and try and flog the track!!
    Hope that helps
    So basically I guess my brain disengaged after reading "you may not modify...in any manner" and copletely missed the "for the purpose of 'ripping off'" bit.

Thanks to Chris for the clarification

is there a special category for us 'wangs'?

it's a pretty exclusive club but we ARE very special.

Im in .... sports for me .... me is gnooby, wang even .... so me might suck somewhat !!

No one can be as bad as me

Hi, I was wondering,
    about the compo, so you can play with the soundtrack volume, and for example in the documentery thing, you can let somebody tell a story or talk during the movie to make a point?.. and if it is possible...can it be in my home language? (flemish/dutch)
    or will this get the movie down during the ratings?

2nd question, can I see some examples?
    like enteries from last time (the winner?)
    or enteries who are allready done ( prolly not ), in the 3th category

If I am experienced enough and have a good Idea I'll sign in

Yeah but the way I am seeing it as that you gotta start somewhere and why not here. Fromt he constructive comments that get passed around its only going to help you/me/us in the long run. Ive only made one short clip from some old DV tape and already its looking up.

One question of my own though Marc, is this ..... do I need to host my own finished entry or do I send it to you??

Cheers

Simon F
    My girlfriend cant wrestle but you should see her BOX!

Quote Originally Posted by sheenie
    Hi, I was wondering,
    about the compo, so you can play with the soundtrack volume, and for example in the documentery thing, you can let somebody tell a story or talk during the movie to make a point?.. and if it is possible...can it be in my home language? (flemish/dutch)
    or will this get the movie down during the ratings?
    The rules regarding the music are that you can change it pretty much, as much as you like for the movie but you may not let your movie contain any other music other than from the track in question. Once you have changed the track, if at all, you do not have any rights to sell (or market?) it as an original piece of work. The music I mean, not your vid.

As for the language. There is no restriction. However, forum members are the ones doing the voting so if they cannot understand the language (and I know I do not speak Dutch- sorry) it would likely diminish their appreciation of the movie and this might lead to less votes I guess.

2nd question, can I see some examples?
    like enteries from last time (the winner?)
    or enteries who are allready done ( prolly not ), in the 3th category
    For the entries for the last comp have a look at this forum. The forum is now inactive but all the posts are there to be read. Lots of the threads contain links to the videos. Enjoy!
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/forum13.html

If I am experienced enough and have a good Idea I'll sign in
    Everyone is experienced enough for this comp. No-one here minds lack of experience. We were (are) all new new to it once and the only way to learn etc etc. From the other forum you will likely be able to judge the level of critique you will likely receive. Just watch out for that 'millsy' bloke though

So, it's really very much a question of confidence rather than experience. Just go for it is my best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by POW15H
    One question of my own though Marc, is this ..... do I need to host my own finished entry or do I send it to you??

Cheers

Simon F
    It's entirely up to you. I am happy to provide the hosting if you need it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast