Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition

Blog Entries

Default Competition

It's here!!!!

Finally, I can announce the details of the much planned summer competition! For full details, see http://www.videoforums.co.uk/competition4.html

Many thanks to www.chrisworthproductions.com for being so patient with me during the run up to the competition!

Kind regards

Marc

After the sterling entries posted for the inaugural competition, we’re pleased to announce the summer sequel to the Digital Director competition.

In the mould of Mad Max: Road Warrior, God Father: Part II and The Empire Strikes Back, we intend to make this sequel better than the original. As such, Video Forums UK have teamed up with Chris Worth Productions, a leading provider of royalty free music, to get your creative juices flowing.

The competition is open to all members of the forums and there are four categories in which to express your creativity:

Category 1: Home Movies (e.g. family and holiday etc) – Millers Rag - preview here
    Category 2: Sports and Recreation (e.g football, skateboarding etc) – Full Throttle - preview here
    Category 3: Short Film (e.g documentary, short, animation or trailer) – Sinister – preview here
    Category 4: Freesytle – Your choice of any song from the extensive CWP catalogue at ChrisWorthProductions.com (with a substantial discount for forums members)
    click here for more details and to enter

Blasphemy that bit about The Empire Strikes Back being better than Star Wars - or at least the implication that it was. You should def have included Toy Story 2 in the list when it comes to better sequels

Even so, I'm in. I'm gonna be Mr. Sinister Bloke this time

Blog Entries

And Shrek 2

I am in! As my real (surname) name is Miller I shoul pick Miller Rag, but I think I will challenge Mr Millsy ( ) in the Sinister Category.

This is going to be soooo good!

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

I'm going to step up to the plate with the big boys this time, and take you all on in the sinister catagory. We'll have to dig out some emotions now, won't we? And by then ill have the VX2000 so im psyched already!
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Blog Entries

Gwenny, I've added you to the relevant group.

how come you're all doing the same as me? is it personal? lol

But you're all right. Should be a good one. I just hope that a few more entrants come in than last time around. I think we'll all agree this comp deserves better.

I'm in (in) the Sports and Recreation group. So far it seems there are no others in, but something tells me a gaggle of Skateboarding videos will end up entering soon.

Marc, this competition seems very well planned out, and I can say that I am greatly impressed. I am really looking foward to it.

Blog Entries

Thanks Ike, but a great deal of credit goes to Chris for providing the music. Without him, the competition couldn't have happened! In a way, I hope you're right about the gaggle of skater videos! The more entrants we get, the better.

I was just reading hte licence agreement for the music track avaioable for the competition. It says...

You may not use, modify or adapt any part of Works in any manner
    Does this really mean that we can't even play with volume????

I'm intending to fade the music in and out and maybe the volume up and down depending on the tension at the time. Would I be braking the rules?

Quite a show stopper for me if we can't fade the soundtrack in and out for our movies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast