Thread: Video not showing..

Default Video not showing..

Well i am just learning vegas and whats the best way to learn..well asking questions..

Since i got vegas i was only able to put one video file in there and actually worked with it, but everytime i put another file on the trimmer it appears offline and it wont show, only the audio will...

any clue?

THIS MIGHT HELP?

1 - What are your Project Settings?

2 - What is the Format of your Media in the Trimmer?

3 - Is this the SAME Media which worked before?

4 - What changes have you made to Vegas?

5 - Have you downloaded any other CODECS?

Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    1 - What are your Project Settings?

2 - What is the Format of your Media in the Trimmer?

3 - Is this the SAME Media which worked before?

4 - What changes have you made to Vegas?

5 - Have you downloaded any other CODECS?

Grazie
    what settings?

the media is random videos such as Katt Williams and The unit series

no changes, like i said its Vegas 8 pro build 179 i think or ( a )

do u need codecs plug ins? or just codecs in general for the pc... i have Xvid Divx ffd
    Last edited by rka; 01-22-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rka View Post
    what settings? the media is random videos such as Katt Williams and The unit series
    You need to ascertain what FORMAT of the Media you have. You can do this from the Media Event on your Timeline OR within the Project Media - you can't do this from within Trimmer:

GO > RightClick on Media > Properties ( this is way down the bottom of a long list) and NOTE down your MEDIA's properties

Once you have this, compare it with the following:

GO > File ( It is the first drop-down menu on the main toolbar) > Properties ( this is about halfway down)

The very first Field "Template" is the one we are really after, but note the others. Now confirm/compare/ascertain whether your MEDIA on the Timeline matches OR is somehow different from these PROJECT PROPERTIES settings. Vegas ships as NTSC, and as I am a PAL user I have ALWAYS needed to change the Template setting to reflect the PAL standard. Now, one CAN use an NTSC setting with PAL content - this is one of the virtues of Vegas, it is FORMAT agnostic, but this can lead to anomalies where a use tries/attempts to place "certain" Media which has unrecognizable Format. This could very well be your case.

OK, once you have these variables noted down bring them back here so we all can attempt to assist you.

no changes, like i said its Vegas 8 pro build 179 i think or ( a )
    Well, I am on VegasPro 8b and it is build 217. You are presently on a previous version and lower build number. You might consider getting to the SONY site and updating your version of VP8. But that is your call.

do u need codecs plug ins? or just codecs in general for the pc... i have Xvid Divx ffd
    In my experience I have never needed extra CODECS to do anything other than what I do. I use a camera to video my own content and then proceed to edit and then render the finished product for clients. Vegas has always played ball with me.

I successfully use DivX, outside of Vegas, to render to a format that is highly compressed. I did try/attempt to use DivX within Vegas, but was unable to get an AUDIO stream as part of the MP4 wrapper. I downloaded Xvid, but found the interface beyond my comprehension.

We really need to know what your media format is.

Saying :
    the media is random videos such as Katt Williams and The unit series
    is, honestly, less than helpful. It is NOT possible to identify the media's Format from what the artistic content is. But I'm hoping you realise this?

To assist you any further, we need to know the format; how/what you used to capture/import to your PC and IF you have had success with any other content at all.

Grazie