Thread: Ulead video studio 11 plus DVD issues

Default Ulead video studio 11 plus DVD issues

I want to start off by saying that I am a novice when it comes to video editing. I recently downloaded and installed the Ulead video studio 11 TBYB. Everything seemed to work fine until I got to the actual burning portion. I have tried this at least four times and have ruined (I presume) 4 DVD discs. When I try to create a DVD, I choose the project I was working on (*.VSP) and follow the instructions. It goes through all the steps, such as rendering, and everything. I can see the status bar completing and all, and I can see flickering on the DVD burner. But, I only hear a few seconds of "high speed" activity on the burner. At the end, it tells me that the process is complete, and then ejects the DVD. What I get is a blank DVD. Nothing on it at all, as far as I can tell. I try to read it in windows explorer and it is blank. The first couple of times I used version 8, and it gave me two distinct rings on the DVD, but nothing else. I thought that maybe is didn't like the vsp file, so I then created a video file with the program and then tried to burn that also. Same thing. What am I doing wrong? I am using a Dell Latitude D830 laptop (core 2 duo) 2 gigs ram and an external drive attached. I recently purchased the Pinnacle studio 11 ultimate software and will install it shortly, but wanted to finnish this project in Ulead before I do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N. florida

I've used and continue to use ULead video studio but I've never used a trial version. I thought the trial versions were fully functional.

One - I would go to and register (free) and then go to the forum dedicated to Video Studio - there are tons of smart, friendly and very experienced users of the application that will help you.

Two - I would attempt to render your project as a video file and select mpeg2 720X480 which is normal base file for standard def DVD.

If VS 11 completes that then you should be able to burn to dvd using any dvd creation program.

Personally while I am a huge fan of Video Studio as a great program for most all consumer and even pro-sumer projects I don't care for its' dvd creation capabilities - like options for chapter menus - so I always use VS to edit, add effects and transitions and music or narration or whatever and then render project to common dvd file type so I can create a better dvd program (my personal opinion only) using Sonic's DVDitPE.

I'm not a fan of Pinnacle consumer editing programs but, again, personal prejudice.

The VS forum is pretty awesome and you can get answers in minutes and you can also search Frequently Asked Questions - good information.