Thread: Which programs are the BEST? I want full control

Exclamation Which programs are the BEST? I want full control

Okay, I have pathetic little Video edit magic. And although it can make simple videos, its not what I want. (and this program bugs out ALOT) ...in the middle of making a video..."this program has encountered a critical error and will now close"...oh look...there goes my video I was working on for the past hour....

anyways, i cant do as much as i want to with this program. I want something like the professionals use.

Like making amazing titles.

Ive seen videos that will sometimes use like an arrow to point something out.
    and like..for example.. in a horse racing video they used a small circle to highlight the specific horse, and the rest was darkened out a bit. I want that feature as well.

more special effects. and more control/options. Ive looked around, read reviews... But none of them seem to have what i want. So i turn to you... to get a REAL persons opinion on a product they have used or are using now. so please tell me what to get.

Are you looking for a program to edit videos or just to create effects? Depending on how much you want to spend then you could go for Adobe Premiere Elements 3 (there is a version 4, but some recent posts on here suggest it has problems). Or you could go for Adobe Premiere Pro 2 (a much more advanced editor with a steeper learning curve), again it is an older version but it can do everything and would be much cheaper than the newer CS3 version. Another program is Sony Vegas.

These are outright video editors with effects included. But if the effects are top of your list, then look at a program such as Adobe After Effects. You should go onto their respective websites and download a 30 day trial version of a few of the popular programs you see listed on this forum and try them out. That way you will have a better idea of what works for you and doesn't before paying for a full version of the software.