Thread: Still images don't seem to like me in Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0

Default Still images don't seem to like me in Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0

Seem to be having extreme trouble with still images in adobe premiere 7.0 . When i import them they show up fine in the preview before added to the 'video reel'. But once added and then previewed played it seems to zoom in on part of the picture and refuses to show the whole picture.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what i am doing wrong. Even when cropped and uncropped the same thing seems to happen. It is very frustrating and would love to get the video/dvd thing finished soon.

Thanks for your help!

~Sassymcduck

What size are the images to start with?

the size of the pictures vary...

they needed to be cropped in order to focus of the people needed..

Picture one is: 2192 pixels x 1952 pixels and is 806KB
    Picture two: 1952 pixels x 1672 pixels and is 630KB
    Picture three: 1062 pixels x 2166 pixels and is 472KB
    Picture four: 1286 pixels x 2134 pixels and is 558KB
    Picture five: 1952 pixels x 2282 pixels and is 893Kb

I haven't had a chance to fix up all the pictures that are needed.. as these images are going inbetween videos if that makes any sense?!?

Thank you sooo much for your help!!

The images are too large in terms of pixel size and filesize aswell. Standard definition video only has a screen size of 720 by 576 pixels in PAL so your still images are much bigger than this. Reduce them in an image editor and see if that helps.

You're a genius!! Thank you sooo much!! Can i ask you one more question?? For the pictures to fit properly i have to put the thingo on fit.. but the rest of the video then becomes too small for the fit and there is a lot of place around it... if that makes sense?!? any idea as to how to fix that??

'The thingo on fit'?, sorry I don't follow what you are trying to say. In Premiere you shouldn't have to click on anything to make it fit, when you resized the images in whatever image editor, they are now the correct size (720 by 576), sometimes I also make images at 768 by 576 aswell if I forget to change from square pixels to rectangular ones. What did you record your original video with, was it using a camcorder? Did you make the video smaller or bigger in Adobe when you first imported or captured it?

The images fit perfectly, thanks soooo much!! I think it's the preview viewer in the Adobe program?!? you know the one where you can change to fit, 10%, 50% etc??

The videos were recorded on a JVC camcorder.. I haven't done anything to them.. I just imported them into the program and voila. They just appear to be a small fit with a lot of black around the edges.. I'm want to make the video fit so there is no black around the edges?? Does that make more sense??

Sorry my brain wasn't working yesterday morning.. i think it was still sleeping...

Just keep that setting on 'fit'. Are you in the UK or America?, as the screen size is smaller in the States than it is over here, it's 720 by 480 using the NTSC system on standard definition quality.

I am in Australia lol!! So does that mean when i export is onto a DVD and play it on the tv, it shouldn't come up with so much black around it?? Because i have a text part going through the first clip and it have the video in the middle, black around the edges and then the text going through the black and the video part.. just not the video??

See I can make myself get very confused.. and this program isn't that hard to use lol...

Followup question: I am using premiere pro 7.0. I have lined up about 80 still images in different sequences, then line the sequences up, add transitions, and use effects controls to crop images appropriately. Then I preview the entire project, and it looks great. But when I try and export it to an .avi or to a DVD, the images will be fine for the first 8 or 10 images, then will not render properly, and I get black screen instead of images. The title pages that I have interspersed throughout the project will show, but the images will not. My computer should not have trouble rendering the photos, even though the original files that I am using are large (3-5mb image files). Is there an obvious issue that I am just too dense to see? Are the original files too large and is that causing premiere pro to fail when it is rendering? I am using Vista ultimate... is there a problem there (besides obvious Windows Vista problems).

In the US, using NTSC. Thanks for any advice!